Problem with game

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 - Moderators

JMAC039122
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Problem with game

Post by JMAC039122 »

Loaded game but it game me an error about my copy of c++ was newer that what the game had and that I would have to resolve the issue. WTH
New game and I have to use an older version of C++? Ok so how do I fix this. when I try the tutorial it will not take the confirm commands.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Re: Problem with game

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
jmac53 wrote:Loaded game but it game me an error about my copy of c++ was newer that what the game had and that I would have to resolve the issue. WTH
New game and I have to use an older version of C++? Ok so how do I fix this.
So this was a problem during installation - i am not sure if you could resolve it or not. Your question indicates no, but then you stated a problem in the game.
jmac53 wrote:when I try the tutorial it will not take the confirm commands.
Could you provide a screenshot with the problem ? The game makes screenshot if you press F12 on the maps.

With confirm commands you mean what exactly ? The confirm button if you resupply units ?

Regards,
JMAC039122

Post by JMAC039122 »

The issue with the C++ came up during installation and stated that there was an issue with my C++ being newer that the one the game needed and that I would have to resolve it. I am not sure how to resolve this, I just keep my machine updated when it says I have updates, I am running windows 64 premium. The install kept running and when I finished that I did the update game and the new patch installed. So I am not sure what is the true status. When I tried the tutorial several times I did the add ammo and fuel but the game would not allow me to confirm the selection.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

jmac53 wrote:The issue with the C++ came up during installation and stated that there was an issue with my C++ being newer that the one the game needed and that I would have to resolve it. I am not sure how to resolve this, I just keep my machine updated when it says I have updates, I am running windows 64 premium. The install kept running and when I finished that I did the update game and the new patch installed. So I am not sure what is the true status.

I'd say as long as the game starts this should be resolved.
jmac53 wrote: When I tried the tutorial several times I did the add ammo and fuel but the game would not allow me to confirm the selection.
Did you try this in another scenario ? Was the confirm button "grayed" ? What does the tooltip say if you hover over the button ?

Did you have the needed resources ?

Could you provide a screenshot of the scene ?

Regards,
JMAC039122

Post by JMAC039122 »

There was no confirm button on the screen gray or otherwise.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
jmac53 wrote:There was no confirm button on the screen gray or otherwise.
ok, this answers one of the questions.

Did you try to start another single map with detailed supply set "on" ?

Could you please add a screenshot ? It would be easier to see if there are other strange things going on and draw conclusions.

Regards,
JMAC039122

Post by JMAC039122 »

Thank for the patience. Where would the screen saves go. I hit f12 but do not see any saves. I am trying different scenarios and this time I did put detailed supply on but still no confirm button.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
jmac53 wrote:Thank for the patience. Where would the screen saves go. I hit f12 but do not see any saves. I am trying different scenarios and this time I did put detailed supply on but still no confirm button.
You are welcome and sorry i did not mention the locations of the screenshot folder immediately - you can find it at:

c:\User\YourName\Pictures\Germany at War\

Regards,
JMAC039122

Post by JMAC039122 »

Ok here are the pictures.
Attachments
TUT-A-0000.png
TUT-A-0000.png (140.15 KiB) Viewed 8090 times
Drive on Stalingrad-0004.png
Drive on Stalingrad-0004.png (129.84 KiB) Viewed 8090 times
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,

from the screenshots i can tell all buttons are where they should be.

The problem is a misunderstanding caused by the tutorial text that states you have to confirm but not with which button.

This was changed for the next version.

In Germany at War you confirm the supply by pressing "Refit" and the settings you made are executed. To add fuel or ammo if the detailed supply rules are activated you can click on the red symbols or on the right of them to choose an amount or click on the "max" button for well, maximum supply.
Then press "Refit" and its done.

This should resolve the problem. If any other troubles occur, just let us know.

Regards,
JMAC039122

Post by JMAC039122 »

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding. I was thinking Panzer Corp type refit/upgrade button.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
jmac53 wrote:Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding. I was thinking Panzer Corp type refit/upgrade button.
you are welcome - glad all works now :)

Regards,
WonkyWay

Post by WonkyWay »

My Problem, if it can be called a problem, is that I like to see the map, WITHOUT the hexes displayed....

Now, I cannot see how to remove them, or use them, as in 'Panzer Corp'.....So, my question to you is, can they be removed?

My second question is this.

Is it possible to 'flatten', out the display, besides zooming in or out?

Thank for taking the time to read this, and any answers to my questions...

Alan..
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
WonkyWay wrote:My Problem, if it can be called a problem, is that I like to see the map, WITHOUT the hexes displayed....

Now, I cannot see how to remove them, or use them, as in 'Panzer Corp'.....So, my question to you is, can they be removed?

My second question is this.

Is it possible to 'flatten', out the display, besides zooming in or out?

Thank for taking the time to read this, and any answers to my questions...

Alan..
there is no option to turn off the hex markings.

If you refer to a independend change of the camera angle without a zoom in your second question, thats neither possible.

Regards,
WonkyWay

Post by WonkyWay »

Thank you ,for the prompt reply to my questions..

Not so much with my second question, but I do hope that the removal of the map hexes, can be achieved on an 'update', of this Germany at War:Barbarossa 1941, as I'm sure a lot of us feel the same..

That, was one of the first thing I did on 'Panzer Corp, as it makes the map look a lot 'cleaner', and realistic,in my humble view.

In the mean time my friend, 'Thank You', once again.

Alan :?
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello Alan,

you are welcome.

We try to answer every problem and suggestion of the players yet we do not always have the time to do it at the very moment.

As to the hex markings you were the first to mention it. We see what can be done about it.

Regards,
WonkyWay

Post by WonkyWay »

Thanks once again..Really appreciate that.

I look forward to what you can do..

Alan.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 : Tech Support”