Hü (Axis) vs Morris (Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Hü (Axis) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by hue »

This will be my first AAR and second Game against Morris. Hope you enjoy it!

Plans for the first year are:
1 - Blitz Poland, Belgium and France in 1939
2 - Sealion! (From my point of view the only possibility to win the game is a Fortress Europa strategy!)
3 - Get Franco on board!

After the First turn in Poland. We'll try to encycle Warsaw in the next turn.

The Fallschirmjäger should help a lot in England later!

Research: as usual Air first, then Industry.

Casualities from polsish Campain.
Last edited by hue on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear receiver! This post was officially proofread by the NSA to avoid displeasing content in order to guarantee your complete satisfaction! Thank you for your understanding. You're welcome!
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Hü (Axis) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by hue »

2nd Turn, Poland and Belgium

Warsaw could be encirclet and should fall next turn. Quite good results in Poland by German Panzer!

Panzer takes Brussels with the first attack giving our INF the chance to reduce Hagues defenders! & Morris is sending BEF to France.

First Air casualties for Allies ...
Dear receiver! This post was officially proofread by the NSA to avoid displeasing content in order to guarantee your complete satisfaction! Thank you for your understanding. You're welcome!
Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

Ah, I see that you decided to take no chances and used the Blitz strategy, the best anti-Dyle safeguard that there is :D.
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by hue »

Yes, you are right! I was sure Morris would try Dyle-plan as in his other AARs :)
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 3 - Poland, France, Atlantic

Post by hue »

Warsaw liberated in turn 3. Quite fast without Luftwaffe but we face high casualities storming the city.

Lille captured, Hague almost... French INF in Liege badly damaged. The CV is secured by the English sub I guess, but lets see if we block the next BEF-transport to Le Havre!

In the Atlantic we find a well secured Canadian transport, probably the fighter? At least the DDs are not threatening my SUBs in the English channel!

And casualties...
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

Cybvep wrote:Ah, I see that you decided to take no chances and used the Blitz strategy, the best anti-Dyle safeguard that there is :D.
In a recent game I was lined up to do a turn 2 Case Yellow only to find that the French had done a successful turn 1 Dyle :roll: :lol: .
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 4 - Westfront & Unternehmen Casablanca

Post by hue »

PreTurn: Morris is successfully bombing our INF in Holland & and just repairs a little. No BEF reinforcements this turn.

German armed spareheads were able to kill two GARs and liberate Liege fortress (red arrows). Left some space for the French to retreat forward next turn.
After the fall of Hague the Bismarck can attack and sink one of the British BBs with the help of Luftwaffe. The secend one is trapped and will be sunken next turn. Good news for Sealion plannings !

I will try to land a commando near Casablanca. If this gamble will be successful Vichy will not be accepted and it is tried to get Franco to join the Axis party!

Last repairs in Poland, main forces have been railed to the west already.

This time its the Canadian MECH we see on the way to Europe.

Quite high Air-losses in comparison, but first hit on the Homefleet.
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

It looks like Morris will lose 2 BBs early on. This can help you in the Med and/or make a potential Sea Lion easier.
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 5 | Westfront & Nordatlantik

Post by hue »

Pre-turn. Bad weather all over Europe, just as it can be assumed in November. Morris was successfully bombing SUB & INF.

And after turn. 2 GARs killed, 2nd British BB sunk and Lorraine captured.

Last troops in Poland.

Brandenburger Commando troops near Iceland entering the North Atlantic ocean.

Morris is moving his transports from DD cover to DD cover ... maybe we should put a sub in the way?

and casualties.
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

You know that Casablanca will be occupied when your commando force arrives, unless Morris voluntarily vacates it. Especially without sea supply it will be impossible to take it and, even if it is empty, Morris can rail back there. In previous versions it was a good, risky tactic but more recent changes have made it moot.
joerock22
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by joerock22 »

The French don't get any garrisons in North Africa until either Paris falls or Italy enters the war. His transport will definitely reach Casablanca before either of those things happens. So I think it is a good gamble. At worse he loses 23 PPs, and at best he makes Spanish entry into the war much easier to achieve.
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 6 | Westfront & Nordatlantik

Post by hue »

PreTurn: Mud in West and North-Europe. And almost no movement. Just some BEF-troops on a risky way to Le Havre.

and after Turn. Only one French GAR killed this time but two others badly damaged. First Maginot-fortress taken.

Brandenburger still on the way and not spotted yet. From next turn on the SUB will check their route.

and casualties. Especially the air losses start to hurt.

@Schnurri & joerock: Thanks for having a look to my AAR! And, yes its like joe stated: French GARs will appear when Italy joins the war and Free French when Paris falls. Both events should happen later than my commando troops arrive.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Schnurri wrote:You know that Casablanca will be occupied when your commando force arrives, unless Morris voluntarily vacates it. Especially without sea supply it will be impossible to take it and, even if it is empty, Morris can rail back there. In previous versions it was a good, risky tactic but more recent changes have made it moot.
I agree with you ! So I never thought someone will do this again ! :( It is vacate)
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Lol, this makes me think that he actually managed to reach Casablanca.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:Lol, this makes me think that he actually managed to reach Casablanca.
yes , not only Casablanca but also NA & Spain ! & UK ! It will be a Maxium Europe Fortress ! But even though ,the Axis still won't be able to assure even a minor victory ! :)
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by hue »

hey, morris you should put this in a spoiler... you destroy all the thrill for our readers :) ... about Axis minor victory: let's see I will do my very best !!! :P (the game actually is in turn 20 and nothing is decided yet)
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 7 | Westfront & Nordatlantik

Post by hue »

Pre-Turn:

Stalin starts Finish winter war.

Winter! And some movement on the Western wing. We will try to kick some of the non-dugged-in French troops here! In the meantime our Fallschirmjäger arrived from their basic training.

And after the -this time quite successful- turn: Combined Air and land attacks destroy 3 GARs and cut of 2 others leaving them no choice but to surrender. Maginot line also cut of from French main body.

Brandenburger try do evade a spottet British DD. But weather is on our side here...

Casualties for French ground troops excel!
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

hue wrote:hey, morris you should put this in a spoiler... you destroy all the thrill for our readers :) ... about Axis minor victory: let's see I will do my very best !!! :P (the game actually is in turn 20 and nothing is decided yet)
Oh , sorry ! I will keep my mouth shut next time ! There are still plenty of contents our reader don't know . :)
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 8 | Westfront & Nordatlantik

Post by hue »

Pre-Turn

The new year comes snow covered. Air attack on our Sub. Morris is moving his CV through the Channel to London. We suspect his Sub to guard the entrance.

After turn: Two French and one English GAR killed. One GAR encircled and Paris gets near!

And the Brandenburger...

hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Turn 9 | Westfront & portugiesische Küste

Post by hue »

Pre-Turn:

Still winter, we keep waiting for the sun. No movement on Morris side, CV in London harbor was repaired.

And after turn: Two GARs and one MECH were killed! That should make counterattacks much more unlikely! Eastern wing of the French front almost broken, Yonne river crossed! We should be able to advance into French mainland as soon as fair weather arrives.

We also get our SUBs in position to prevent the British CV from escaping.

Casablanca in sight!

and Losses.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”