Mord's FoG 1.81 Battlescape Sound Mod

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Mord's FoG 1.81 Battlescape Sound Mod

Post by Mord »

I've been working on this off and on for a couple of months or so. Figured I go ahead and release it for you guys.

NOTE: This will only work with 1.81

From the README:

"This is an ambience/SFX mod (23 new sounds + 7 alternates) to add more atmosphere and aural carnage to your Field of Glory battlefields. I've replaced the bow/javelin/cannon/gunsot etc. sounds with new mixes to give a visceral feel to the carnage. Bows will fire, arrows will whistle and men will scream. I highly recommend you use this mod on speed two or three for the best results. Faster speeds will negate the coolness of matching up the missile animations with the effects.

There are a few alternate sounds for you to try if you want. They end with an underscore. To try them you just delete
everything from the underscore back. For instance fire-medieval-handgun_(More Guns & Zips) will become fire-medieval-handgun

The background battle ambience replaces the music in game. You may want to turn off the music before you install or you will hear the fighting sounds when you start the game. You can turn off the music, install the mod, restart the game, and when the fighting starts turn the music back on from within the battle. You can adjust the music volume from in game to get the effect you desire."

LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uir0y44xs ... 1.zip/file

Mod in action (Youtube Vid).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40UAHB3zdRU

Merry Christmas!

Mord.

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Mord's FoG 1.81 Battlescape Sound Mod

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Oh, that's really nice! Thanks Mord.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Mord, assuming I followed your instructions correctly, some units do not have marching sound at all(so far Gallic foot in Rise of Rome , and some medium foot in the Storm of Arrows DLC) is this because the sound mod is not complete yet?
Cheers
Alex
Mord

Post by Mord »

1.) Did you dump the mod into your FoG I sound folder and overwrite the old sounds? If so, anything my mod didn't replace should still be in there. In other words the game won't be missing any files. Plus, if only my mod was installed you'd probably be missing quite a few sounds (including melee).

2.) Are you on a Mac?

3.) Give me the specific name of the units that didn't make any sound (just a couple will do). I checked just now and the Gallic Warriors all had a move sound.

There is an original sound fx for undrilled foot that is very low in volume. That may be the one you aren't hearing. Try turning off the music and see if you still aren't hearing it. I never modded this one though.

If you still aren't hearing it reinstall the original sounds and check against those. I tested this pretty thoroughly and I never had units not play sounds.

Mord.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Ok, will do.
Mord

Post by Mord »

Let me know what you find out, I am really curious.

Mord.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”