Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

joeblack1862
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Erratic Mouse Issue

Post by joeblack1862 »

Just wanted to report,

I bought on steam and when playing any edge scrolling with the mouse would make it flick to the screen edge. Was uncontrollable.

I tried:

1. VSync off - no joy
2. Mouse settings lowered sensitivity - No joy
3. Full screen - no joy.
4. Use keys, too slow.
5. Change scroll speed in game menu (and Vsync off) - no joy.
6. Changed compatibility to all the different options in turn - none worked.

(Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1070)

I had to refund at that point as I had reached the time limit. Big shame, one of my favourite games in the past. I am assuming there is still no fix for this other than the options I found on the forums and have tried above.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Erratic Mouse Issue

Post by zakblood »

unplugging external USB devices like joysticks can help

updating motherboard drivers, as mostly those who have an issue are using drivers from 4 to 5+ plus years old etc
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

No external usb devices.

All drivers are up to date so that is not a problem.

The thing is that the game has now been refunded so I would have to buy it again (even if somebody came up with a sure fire solution) in order to test further.

Frustrating, as but for this one issue, I would have been a very happy customer. It is what it is :-)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

if i can check, i'll see what i can find and offer some more advice

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post. eg a zip file then attach
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

Well, you stopped me walking away from the game and made me think and try a little harder. Thanks!

So, I ran a DXDiag and went through it myself and realised (while nothing was a problem) that the mouse and keyboard drivers were worth reconsidering.

1. Mouse had TWO entries for mouse drivers (both generic Windows 10 drivers). That wasn't right. So I went to Logitech and downloaded the latest driver / tool for the G-Series. Once installed, removed the generic drivers. So now I have the one Logitech driver for my mouse.
2. I then bought Panthers in the Fog on Steam (in case I needed to refund) using a CC profile with a low sensitivity (G600 goes up 8200 dpi). Ran the game and no more mouse issues!
3. I then increased the Dpi up to 1700... and absolutely no problem.

So, anyone with a Logitech mouse who has had issues, maybe this will be a fix for you. (Also, keyboard had THREE generic driver entries; now has one Logitech driver).

So I can now say, this works with Panthers in the Fog. Refund and buy Gateway direct to take advantage of the discount on buying a second CC game? Hmmm...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

glad your sorted, it's normally is something simple, as when tested, it works on quite a lot of different hardware so in general most of the time support can get it working for almost everyone

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support”