PBEM help and advice

grahamed
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

PBEM help and advice

Post by grahamed »

Hi i am in the middle of some fog2 mp games and can’t reconnect to the pbem server. I was wondering if there is an alternative server name/address that i could use (assuming the location is in one of the editable files)

I am confident this is not a server issue but a wifi issue at my end, in that the wifi i am using does not like www.slitherine.com or matrixgames.com. I had used vpn to resolve this, and hibernated the computer between turns, but mistakenly shutdown my laptop last night (ably assisted by too many refreshments) and will not be able to reconnect for some days. (I am posting via my ipad which does have vpn)

Anyway just a possibly “forlorn hope” post there may be a short term work around???

Any constructive advice appreciated
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: PBEM help and advice

Post by rbodleyscott »

I will check with Pip.

It seems more likely that it is your firewall (or antiviurus) that does not like those addresses. So maybe you can fix your permissions so that those addresses can be accessed.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PBEM help and advice

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Are you on some kind of strange public wifi? They can sometimes have bad certs which mean you might have issues accessing HTTPS sites - I have run into the issue with airport wifi e.g.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”