Camo list

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Camo list

Post by Patrick Ward »

The bright colours and patterns have been given a bit of an overhaul. Brighter, shinier, bolder and

all now include infantry, including black.

And as BigFritze's daughter loved the Pride rainbow there's an additional bolder version to make them stand out even more.

There's a number of bug fixes and improvements gone in too though hopefully you won't notice.
We've tried to keep the colours colour-blind friendly, but this is to a degree subjective and affected by monitor callibration, colour profiles, types and severity of colour blindness etc.. If anyone has any feedback let me know.

I don't know when this will go out.

HOWEVER.

Be warned that because of the nature of infantry materials, changing their camo setup can break them. This is especially true for any units that contain multiple figure types .. like partisans. You're replacing 3 individual materials with one and once that happens I don't think theres a way to return them to normal.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:55 pm Be warned that because of the nature of infantry materials, changing their camo setup can break them. This is especially true for any units that contain multiple figure types .. like partisans. You're replacing 3 individual materials with one and once that happens I don't think theres a way to return them to normal.
any fix for this inbound in the near future? Those helmets on the Azuls after camo-change look...can´t say that and stay nice. ;)

sers,
Thomas
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Grondel wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:55 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:55 pm Be warned that because of the nature of infantry materials, changing their camo setup can break them. This is especially true for any units that contain multiple figure types .. like partisans. You're replacing 3 individual materials with one and once that happens I don't think theres a way to return them to normal.
any fix for this inbound in the near future? Those helmets on the Azuls after camo-change look...can´t say that and stay nice. ;)

sers,
Thomas
I've made sure theres an obvious camo option specifically for the Azul incase you screw up their textures, so you can get their camo and leaves back. But atm I can't get the alpha of one texture set to work with all other texture sets .. so I can't get the leaf alpha to work across the board.
_azul.jpg
_azul.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Patrick Ward wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:58 am I've made sure theres an obvious camo option specifically for the Azul incase you screw up their textures, so you can get their camo and leaves back. But atm I can't get the alpha of one texture set to work with all other texture sets .. so I can't get the leaf alpha to work across the board.
Pat
That´s nice to hear. Any ETA when this will go live?

sers,
Thomas
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Grondel wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:09 am
Patrick Ward wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:58 am I've made sure theres an obvious camo option specifically for the Azul incase you screw up their textures, so you can get their camo and leaves back. But atm I can't get the alpha of one texture set to work with all other texture sets .. so I can't get the leaf alpha to work across the board.
Pat

sers,
Thomas
No. Its all checked in so its in the hands of the gods..

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Patrick Ward wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:12 am No. Its all checked in so its in the hands of the gods..
Pat
Oh, could i talk to them please or are they too aloft? ;)

sers,
Thomas
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Grondel wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:09 am
Pat

sers,
Thomas
So I've just heard that they won't be in this latest update because the build was already submitted. But they'll definitly be in the one after, which is likely to be with 1945.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:29 pm So I've just heard that they won't be in this latest update because the build was already submitted. But they'll definitly be in the one after, which is likely to be with 1945.
Pat
finaly my azuls will have their helmets back at the end of the war. ;)

thx for letting me know.

something else. Who would be the right pixelpusher to ask about a missing unit animation?
The one in question is the german 8.8 FlaK when modded to artillerie mode.
From what i can see it is mostly finished, but work on it was dropped for some reason.

ser,
Thomas
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Grondel wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:45 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:29 pm So I've just heard that they won't be in this latest update because the build was already submitted. But they'll definitly be in the one after, which is likely to be with 1945.
Pat

thx for letting me know.

something else. Who would be the right pixelpusher to ask about a missing unit animation?
From what i can see it is mostly finished, but work on it was dropped for some reason.

ser,
Thomas
Hmm .. I don't know. I'll pass your question on but most of those animations are procedural/generic. There's possibly a setting in a .csv somewhere.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:37 pm
Grondel wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:45 pm
Pat

thx for letting me know.

ser,
Thomas
Hmm .. I don't know. I'll pass your question on but most of those animations are procedural/generic. There's possibly a setting in a .csv somewhere.

Pat
i´ll look for it, but a pointer would be nice. ;)

sers,
Thomas
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

20230721164617_1.jpg
20230721164617_1.jpg (534.35 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
A problem with the Krad Camo I noticed in the AO1945E Beta that is still around.
Did not post it then.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:09 pm 20230721164617_1.jpg
A problem with the Krad Camo I noticed in the AO1945E Beta that is still around.
Did not post it then.
If thats what I think it is then thats very much a can of worms kind of issue. The yellow coloured bike and figures are (probably, possibly, maybe ) because we have yellow vehicle camo, AND yellow unit camo, both of which are linked.

To do it for all other camo increases the amount of required infantry camo to the point that it impractical. It'd be nice to be able to do it for some defaults so I'll have look but I think other wise its too much.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

The problem is loss of previous available Camo.
There is no 'normal' camo left for the Krad.
The camo on the first two Krads shown in the unit list are no longer available.
The third Krad in bright yellow is an available camo.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

dalfrede wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:39 pm The problem is loss of previous available Camo.
There is no 'normal' camo left for the Krad.
The camo on the first two Krads shown in the unit list are no longer available.
The third Krad in bright yellow is an available camo.
there is a workaround for this.

Switch the krad to any Recon-car, select Camo, switch back to Krad. it will carry over the camo.
Way more clicking than expected but at least it´s available that way.

sers,
Thomas
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

1946 release camo added to the list
( only available with the General Edition update as its considered non-standard )

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Updated the camo list to reflect whats been added with Bulge.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

I was asked to illustrate what the new camo elements can do ... these are the in-game icons and give a fair impression of us doing something we'd not been able to do so far because the camo is a universal system rather than individual. ie. Every camo variant has to be usable by every unit in the game.

Because they're all UV'd differently the text on the image indicates which models could accept which decoration/insignia. The red serving to highlight sub-variants. With the new filtering youy're only shown the ones pertinent to your plane so at some point in the future that'll all be removed.

When using these camo variants, change the insignia to the American Blank/Null, because the insignia is baked in.
camo .jpg
camo .jpg (239.7 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Invasion stripes were only used for a few months and by the time of the Battle of the Bulge had mostly been removed from all upper surfaces. Which would make them as good as invisible in game. So the Havocs are anachronistic.

P51D and P51H are unique in that three of the sets are identical, so you could have the same decoration as you up upgrade. I wasn't sure how popular that would be so limited it to these because its
a/ extremely time consuming with no payback,
b/ limits the amount of variety we can have over all.
c/ in most cases makes no historical sense. The only thing that was usually maintained was unit specific designations/ recognition symbols and maybe kill marks. Painting planes was labourious and most people didn't want to do it more than once.

European decoration wasn't quite so elaborate as that used in the Pacific so you'll have to wait for some of that....

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

They look pretty cool. Great additions :D
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Exclusive skins for the General Edition ?
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

terminator wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:39 pm Exclusive skins for the General Edition ?
Yes because they're optional decorative extras. There's now at least 365 skins ( I've forgotten to list some ) in the GE and it gets added to with every release, increasing its value for money ( if you think skins have value).

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”