Patch 1.06 problem with uninstall and reinstall

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Patch 1.06 problem with uninstall and reinstall

Post by lt1956_slith »

Hello,

I wanted to warn fellow fans of this game, that the 1.06 patch has a problem. When you install it, it makes 2 files "4" and "6" which have 0 bytes and cannot be uninstalled even using special software to delete on boot. This in itself is bad enough but to make it worse when you try to reinstall the game, you will get an error and it will not reinstall. I have tested this out on more than one system with the same results. I think the reason no one has reported on this yet is that no one has uninstalled the 1.06 version and then tried to reinstall.

If anyone else gets a different result let me know in this thread, as i had to reimage my system just to reinstall the game. For now I am back to using 1.04 since I can install and uninstall without issue.

Be aware if you test this out you WILL NOT be able to reinstall the game. so I suggest testing on a safe system. Also even though the files acted like a virus by not being able to be uninstalled, there was no warning from the Virus software. But I do think the developer made a mistake somewhere when compiling. Also there other language files that install, which shows this patch may have been rushed more.

Anyway I hope this helps.

Return to “Time of Fury”