Can't upload my game, again

DIVM
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Can't upload my game, again

Post by DIVM »

Hi everyone,

Im having a really strange issue that affected me in the previous round as well: since round 2 of the current FoG2 tournament, the match I start cannot be uploaded. However, the match the other player starts runs well.

I normally play in two different computers, and neither of them seems to be working.
I say strange because other matches work normally, no matter who starts them. Same with FoG Medieval.

I wrote support, and support told me we will be given 75 points each. However today I received another email from pbem3@slitherine.com, saying it detected I downloaded a turn several times (probably over a dozen times) and asking me to type in the forums for help. I wonder if there's any way to solve this issue? Or restart that match? But most importantly, why does this keep happening since a few weeks ago?

Cheers

David
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Can't upload my game, again

Post by rbodleyscott »

How many games have actually been affected?
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Score has been updated for the affected game.
Richard Bodley Scott

DIVM
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DIVM »

Hi Richard,

Just updating this: I haven't been able to find a solution. Every game I start (meaning I do the first turn, and my opponent the second one) will be unable to upload. It happens in different computers, so it is not related to my PC. I think it is server related, but I can't figure out why.

The only work around I found was using a VPN. When I use a VPN, the upload works well. However, I sometimes cannot log into the Multiplayer when I start the VPN; so I must active it before uploading the affected games.

Notes: prior to this problem, I was playing normally MP matches for almost a year.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

DIVM wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:10 am Hi Richard,

Just updating this: I haven't been able to find a solution. Every game I start (meaning I do the first turn, and my opponent the second one) will be unable to upload. It happens in different computers, so it is not related to my PC. I think it is server related, but I can't figure out why.

The only work around I found was using a VPN. When I use a VPN, the upload works well. However, I sometimes cannot log into the Multiplayer when I start the VPN; so I must active it before uploading the affected games.

Notes: prior to this problem, I was playing normally MP matches for almost a year.
There is clearly some issue with your particular setup, as we don't have a raft of such issues being reported. It could be the configuration of the systems you are using, or it might be the PBEM system itself. Perhaps it does not like your username.

Please email support@slitherine.co.uk again, explaining the story so far.

I will also ask the PBEM programmers if they have any idea what the problem might be.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

petirouge (PBEM programmer) says:
[It is not his username], PBEM system relies everything on Unique Identifiers (integers). Usernames are just for display in the client…

The fact that it is working when under a VPN connection only means there’s something in his normal connection preventing it to work.

Firewall? Provider? Everything can be the cause, but I would start investigating by de-activating any antivirus/firewall software he has. Next step I would take the PC and change the provider connection (take it into another place, connect it with the mobile phone, etc..) and test it…

At least you can understand if the problem is on his PC or in the internet provider.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”