Question about new unit types in Age of Belisarius DLC

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Question about new unit types in Age of Belisarius DLC

Post by pinwolf »

Which faction (army) has

Dismounted Armoured Noble Lancers,
Dismounted Noble Lancers,
Dismounted Armoured Horse Archers,
Spearmen (Dark Age),
Raw Spearmen (Dark Age)?

There is supposed to be a Sabir Foot unit, but the Hunnic (Sabir) army only has warband (close formation) as foot unit.

Also Sassanid Persian (591-628 AD) has a unit called "Dailamitische Gardisten" in my German language version.
That would be something like "Daylamites Guard". But it is not listed as new unit type in the DLC description.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Question about new unit types in Age of Belisarius DLC

Post by rbodleyscott »

pinwolf wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 am Which faction (army) has

Dismounted Armoured Noble Lancers,
Byzantines and Lombards. They are in the list as "Armoured Noble Lancers (Dismountable)". You can dismount them during the deployment phase.
Dismounted Noble Lancers,
Lombards. They are in the list as "Noble Lancers (Dismountable)". You can dismount them during the deployment phase.
Dismounted Armoured Horse Archers,
None, but they are in the Byzantine army in the Taginae Epic Battle scenario and are available in the Editor.
Spearmen (Dark Age)

None, but they are available in the Editor.
Raw Spearmen (Dark Age)?
Ostrogoths.
There is supposed to be a Sabir Foot unit, but the Hunnic (Sabir) army only has warband (close formation) as foot unit.
Sabir Huns. They are in the list as "Fierce Nomad Horse Archers (D)". You can dismount them during the deployment phase.
Also Sassanid Persian (591-628 AD) has a unit called "Dailamitische Gardisten" in my German language version.
That would be something like "Daylamites Guard". But it is not listed as new unit type in the DLC description.
It was a late addition and did not make it into the blurb.
Richard Bodley Scott

pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pinwolf »

Thank you very much for fast answer. :D
pharnabazus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by pharnabazus »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 am
I had wondered about this since the Daylamites seem to have an Arab unit sprite, which struck me as odd since they were the most effective infantry unit fielded by the Sassanids, and were utilized by Islamic dynasties for centuries afterwards. It seems like they would be worthy of a sprite of their own.

I note in the blurb for Rise of Persia that the Sassanids are getting so called heavy foot units. Are those representative of the Daylamites? If not, will they be getting some love at some point?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

pharnabazus wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:13 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 am
I had wondered about this since the Daylamites seem to have an Arab unit sprite, which struck me as odd since they were the most effective infantry unit fielded by the Sassanids, and were utilized by Islamic dynasties for centuries afterwards. It seems like they would be worthy of a sprite of their own.

I note in the blurb for Rise of Persia that the Sassanids are getting so called heavy foot units. Are those representative of the Daylamites? If not, will they be getting some love at some point?
The Dailamites will get their own model when we cover the later Dark Ages.
Richard Bodley Scott

pharnabazus

Post by pharnabazus »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:54 am The Dailamites will get their own model when we cover the later Dark Ages.
*tingles of anticipation*

Return to “Field of Glory II”