Newbie questions

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

jonpfl
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Newbie questions

Post by jonpfl »

All,

Is it possible for someone (maybe the developers) to have an online tutorial video explaining all the various aspects of the game?

I am doing the second boot camp and was wondering how I can tell what special attributes a unit has on the board? I know when I purchase a unit I can see them but what about in game? And is there somewhere where I can see all the special attribute?

I know marines have a handful but one or two I have no clue what they do.

And is there someplace in game where I can tell what bonuses (or detriments) I have from being on a certain position on the board (ie bridge or river).

Thx
jonpfl
Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Rood »

To display the unit traits you have to select the unit and then click on the title of the terrain, in the example below you need to click on the "Deep Water" text.

AlMalik
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by AlMalik »

If I only knew earlier...
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

After all these years I still learn something new about this game :roll:
Zovs
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Zovs »

This is another new thing that I learned!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Now that it is finished — version 10.0.6 is it for me, even if they do release another patch: all DLC are included; it has reached a pleasant state of nirvana in that there are no obvious and overly annoying bugs (even "The current time is 5:12 PM" thing is correctable, I found); I am not giving them any more chances to screw it up — I am revisiting OOB with a renewed appreciation for this game, how it was crafted and drawn by the original designer. Quite a work of art. I am currently in the process of going through all of the DLC, correcting, expanding, and improving things. Boy, would I love to share it as a mod but Slitherine would not appreciate it.
- Bru
CronusMaximus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by CronusMaximus »

Posted to anyone... another newbie to this game looking for some advice on mechanics of initial setup for tournament play...

This is my first tournament with OOB, but I have played other Slitherine tournaments. I figured how to get on and set up my first deployment... but I was confused with this.
Having played the Pacific tutorial prior to the tournament I kind of knew what units I wanted, but I did not see anywhere that told me how much I could buy or what or where was the running tally as I bought. I also did not know whether I was supposed to buy all my units for the scenario or gradually throughout the game. I assume as I get objectives, I will get resources to spend, but I am not certain about this also.
The game seemed to let me keep buying but when I went to deploy them a lot of the units were not there ... like a carrier. I was just ignorant on how I should be setting up for the tournament play. My opponent has not come online yet I believe because only one of the two games were available to log into.
So, if you could give me a quick rundown on how the picking of forces work during a tournament, I would be grateful.
Any help you can provide to indoc me to the initial sequence of selecting one's forces would be great at this point. I figure this tournament will be a real learning adventure.
I am not asking for help with strategy, etc... just the tournament mechanics with setup...specifically selecting one's forces...
Thx.
Ron
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

It has been a while since I last played a tournament, but if I remember correctly it ought to unfold just as any other multiplayer game for the most part. It sounds strange to me that it would let you buy a unit but not deploy it, perhaps it's some kind of bug? However it is pretty normal for an opponent to go AWOL.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”