Update 10.0.0. question

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Update 10.0.0. question

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:11 am I came here to complain about the 10.0.0 update but after reading through the posts feel like I'm actually pretty lucky, heh. My grumble is twofold mainly. Firstly there's now a loud and annoying clicking noise whenever I use the mouse on the menu screen, despite my having turned off all the sounds. Tried looking for other possible suspect settings but not finding a culprit as of yet. Secondly within the game my mouse is suddenly behaving very unusually. It's a bit hard to describe, but maybe slow and "floaty" if that makes sense. Again I can't seem to find a specific setting to blame and alter, thereby fixing it. Could well be I'm looking right at it and not seeing it though. Kind of a bummer since I went a good six months away from the game and wasn't sure at all I'd get back in, only for this to happen just a couple weeks after I return.
Well I cannot help you with the clicking noise. Must be Gremlins. Regarding the floaty mouse maybe it is your Render Quality. I noticed that once I got the update working that many of my Option settings had changed. My Render Quality had dropped to the Lowest setting. I reset it to Good. This is under the Performance tab. Maybe this will help.

I hope you are not getting too frustrated with this game. I feel partially responsible since I believe you are battling my forces in our Prokhorovka multi player game. You did kind of face a buzz saw fighting me and Celeborn. We are a couple of the best players in the game. I hope you will stick around and join us for the tournament. This will give you a better idea of your skill level compared to other players. Best of luck to you in your gaming.
Admiral Yamamoto
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Update 10.0.0. question

Post by KarisFraMauro »

No worries and thanks for the information, I'll see if fiddling with render settings helps. Although I should add that my computer is a real mess so increasing settings generally opens its own box of worms so to speak... You played well in Prokov! Win some lose some, it's all good :) Trying to think about what I could of done differently from a strategic perspective, simply digging in would have substantially limited my losses but also ruled out any possibility of actually winning, especially against someone who knows what they're doing, heh. Trying to head north and around the river rather than south like I did? Maybe, although it depends on your unit distribution. Seems like you have enough to spread pretty far without becoming thin. If I were to grumble it would be over the fact the Germans can't replace lost units, which although surely realistic imposes a substantial hurdle. Right now I seem to have some kind of flu or cold or something (I blame a guy wearing a mask I saw at a pho restaurant I went to immediately before getting sick) so not too much for gaming.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”