Callinicum 531AD Scenario

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Callinicum 531AD Scenario

Post by kilroy1 »

This is one of the many Persian raids into Roman Syria in the early 6th century AD. A Persian force of 15,000 men and 5,000 of their Arab allies (all mounted) give battle to 25,000 Romans and Arabs. The Persians succeed in turning the Roman right flank, forcing them to fight with their back to the river Euphrates. The Romans would holdout until nightfall, but the Persians were the victors, avenging their defeat at Dara the previous year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zslfudjoixr4 ... 3.zip?dl=1

kilroy
Last edited by kilroy1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi
Started playing this one and it looks realy fun, however I think its worth pointing out that "Rise Of Rome" is needed to play it.

Keep up the good work
Ian
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

Hoplite1963 wrote:Hi
Started playing this one and it looks realy fun, however I think its worth pointing out that "Rise Of Rome" is needed to play it.

Keep up the good work
Ian
Thanks for the info. I updated the units/artwork after "Rise of Rome" was released. Dara 530AD will probably be next.

kilroy
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi
I have just finished the game against a Roman AI opponent with a Persian victory which however I had to really word for. What sources are you using? If you don’t have it already you might want to have a look at “Byzantine Wars” by John Haldon, which you can pick on Amazon for under £10 including the postage. This gives details of a number of battles from the 6th to the 12th Centuries.

"Byzantium and its Army 284 – 1081" by Warren Treadgold and "Shadows In the Desert" by Dr Kaveh Farrokh are all good sources on the Byzantine and Sassanian armies.

Regards
Ian
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Was holding my own at the Romans when game crashed w the nototious Null Point error
Was a having a great time though, cavalry vs cavalry battles are quite fun!
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

Hoplite1963 wrote:Hi
I have just finished the game against a Roman AI opponent with a Persian victory which however I had to really word for. What sources are you using? If you don’t have it already you might want to have a look at “Byzantine Wars” by John Haldon, which you can pick on Amazon for under £10 including the postage. This gives details of a number of battles from the 6th to the 12th Centuries.

"Byzantium and its Army 284 – 1081" by Warren Treadgold and "Shadows In the Desert" by Dr Kaveh Farrokh are all good sources on the Byzantine and Sassanian armies.

Regards
Ian

I have all of the books you mentioned, but I appreciate you pointing them out to me anyway. I'm looking for info on the 7th century AD battles of the Roman Emperor Heraclius, but I have yet to find anything useful about the number of troops engaged or their deployment.

kilroy
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

The scenario has been updated with graphics from Legions Triumphant.

kilroy

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”