Heavy Cavalry - Pyrrhic (in Greece)

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Morbio
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Heavy Cavalry - Pyrrhic (in Greece)

Post by Morbio » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:16 pm

The Veteran Heavy Cavalry are average, whereas the Heavy Cavalry are superior. :shock:

Methinks a mistake :)

ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Heavy Cavalry - Pyrrhic (in Greece)

Post by ZeaBed » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Morbio wrote:The Veteran Heavy Cavalry are average, whereas the Heavy Cavalry are superior. :shock:

Methinks a mistake :)
Maybe the Veteran units are made of older men. Out of touch, more prone to heat prostration from riding in heavy armor on weak hams, and generally not as fit as younger men. Also, enlarged prostrates are not kind to guys riding horses for extended periods. And also they have to get off the horse to urinate frequently. Unless the horse is really well trained and very understanding. This is what I love about FoG, the attention to every conceivable historical and physical detail.

petergarnett
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by petergarnett » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Sorry but I can't allow history to be distorted like this.

These terms refer of course to the horses & not the riders. Heavy Cavalry are those units with young gelds who, whilst they have heard about the roman soap factories, either choose to dismiss such stories as myths or to take that young headstrong view that it only happens to veteran horses like their great uncle bucephalus. Some are even heard to chant the mantra "damn the soap factories full gallop ahead" although some greek scholars dispute this translation as too literal.

Veteran Heavy Cavalry are older & wiser and avoid soap like the plague - hence the smell. There should really be a DRM for this.

ZeaBed

Post by ZeaBed » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 pm

petergarnett wrote:Sorry but I can't allow history to be distorted like this.

These terms refer of course to the horses & not the riders. Heavy Cavalry are those units with young gelds who, whilst they have heard about the roman soap factories, either choose to dismiss such stories as myths or to take that young headstrong view that it only happens to veteran horses like their great uncle bucephalus. Some are even heard to chant the mantra "damn the soap factories full gallop ahead" although some greek scholars dispute this translation as too literal.

Veteran Heavy Cavalry are older & wiser and avoid soap like the plague - hence the smell. There should really be a DRM for this.
I understood well I guess that Heavy Cavalry referred to the horses. But you mean that the horses were the veterans, not the riders? So they survived the knackers'... except for the gelding part. Thanks for clearing that up.

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:50 pm

/bump for tech support

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 am

Reviewing the names of these units ready for the next update.
Thanks
Keith

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Heavy Cavalry - Pyrrhic (in Greece)

Post by keithmartinsmith » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:33 am

I think all the Pyrrhic lists now have Veterans as Superior and others are average. Fixed as part of the 1.7.2 patch.
Thanks
Keith

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”