Revolt bug

Moderator: Pocus

guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Revolt bug

Post by guanotwozero » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:20 am

Hi!

I've come across a revolt bug that seems to happen fairly often.

When a new turn begins, I get a notification of a territory in unrest, so I send an army to sit on it.

During the resolution phase the territory revolts as, say, Italic Rebels, and I easily defeat them. However, when the resolution phase is over, my army has been shifted next door and the revolting territory is now a neutral, e.g. Samnite or Celtici. BTW it was never part of their empire. OK, I can declare war and take it, but that has other consequences too.

Surely this can't be right? If a territory revolts it should not become neutral, especially after losing the fight.

The attachment foge01.jpg is no longer available
The attachment foge02.jpg is no longer available
foge01.jpg
foge01.jpg (701.32 KiB) Viewed 230 times

guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Revolt bug

Post by guanotwozero » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:22 am

Next two images - forum seems to have lost them-
foge02.jpg
foge02.jpg (479.58 KiB) Viewed 229 times
foge03.jpg
foge03.jpg (722.24 KiB) Viewed 229 times

olin0111
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by olin0111 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm

I had the same thing happen to me. I have my forces in the fortress, the rebellion happens, I beat the rebels as a defender and then at the end of the turn I get a notification that I somehow lost the province and a new faction has formed. I don't get it. Does a failed rebellion also count as a World Nation conquering a region and then this triggers previously eliminated nation to reemerge?

guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:18 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm
I had the same thing happen to me. I have my forces in the fortress, the rebellion happens, I beat the rebels as a defender and then at the end of the turn I get a notification that I somehow lost the province and a new faction has formed. I don't get it. Does a failed rebellion also count as a World Nation conquering a region and then this triggers previously eliminated nation to reemerge?
To add insult to injury, the last time it happened to me (about 20 mins ago), this newly-reconstituted nation then had the affrontary to ask for an alliance!

Edit:
I'll have a punt at what I think may be happening: if a revolt is successful, the bizlogic creates a new *neutral* nation. If the revolt leads to a fight with friendly troops and there are any survivors, this somehow registers as a win and continues to the new nation.

If so, the bug is that a losing battle entails a successful revolt, and the unrealistic step (IMHO) is that any revolt-created nation should start off as neutral instead of at war.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:57 am

I believe that in this situation, you were besieging the rebel town, when the Samnite decided it was a good time to show up!
I'll issue a fix on that for the next patch, thanks.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Blue03
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Blue03 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi, I want to buy the game to play on an old PC. ..if the other requirements are met, is it possible to play this title with a graphics card with only 512 mb ..?..does anyone know if the game can run well the same or is unplayable?..

Are you planning an Italian translation of the game? ... how important are alliances between different countries in the game? (I would like to understand if this concept has been developed or is not very deep)...thanks so much in advance if someone on the support will respond.

guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 am

Pocus wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:57 am
I believe that in this situation, you were besieging the rebel town, when the Samnite decided it was a good time to show up!
I'll issue a fix on that for the next patch, thanks.
Thanks!

I have no problem with unchallenged rebels forming a new/reconstituted state - I just suggest it should initially be hostile, in the same way as Italic Rebels, for example.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”