Post by terminator » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 am

I just applied for this project.

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Order of Battle Bug Database

Post by GabeKnight » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:46 pm

@Adam

How would you assess, as an interim report of sorts, the entries done to the BugDB and progression of the BugDB in general so far?
I mean, is it going as expected or are we overcrowding things?
Should there be fixed rules for the names of the topics to easier identify them?
Or maybe some subfolder structure for a better overview?

I think this project's going the right way and if there's something we can do to help, please do tell. :)

AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AMG » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:46 pm
@Adam

How would you assess, as an interim report of sorts, the entries done to the BugDB and progression of the BugDB in general so far?
I mean, is it going as expected or are we overcrowding things?
Should there be fixed rules for the names of the topics to easier identify them?
Or maybe some subfolder structure for a better overview?

I think this project's going the right way and if there's something we can do to help, please do tell. :)
Hi Gabe,

As far as I can tell, the database is progressing as I expected. I don't feel its overcrowding things. Historically, the devs found it hard to root out all the various bugs for OOB that were posted throughout this forum, so having one location for them all makes the process of resolving them a lot more streamlined.

For Database reporting, naming conventions etc, I've previously followed these steps for ease of use when it comes to bug triage;

Summary structure;

[Bug type][game area/feature]

e.g. [UI Bug][Town names for X scn are truncated throughout the map]
or [Unit Stats Error][Goliath Mine spec error]

This format allows for quick identification and categorisation (by me and the devs).

Description structure;

Provide a concise description of the issue being reported. Link to any relevant forum posts (where necessary), and provide both steps to reproduce the issue (especially if its technical in nature) and screenshots of the issue (especially if its a visual issue).

e.g.
"StuG III B, D & E and Stuh 42 has the Anti-Tank trait but end up as tanks instead.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 78#p758878"

For Forum reporting, naming conventions etc;

I will create a sub-forum for all bug threads to be reported. As a rule, one bug per thread (unless there are other ways of triggering the same issue), and the thread title and body should follow the same method as stated for reporting to the database (this will eventually make transferring the bugs quicker as there will be no rewriting involved).

Thread title structure;

[Bug type][game area/feature]

Description structure;

Provide a concise description of the issue being reported. Link to any relevant other forum posts (where necessary, if the bug is affected/caused by another bug), and provide both steps to reproduce the issue (especially if its technical in nature) and screenshots of the issue (especially if its a visual issue).

I hope this answers your questions?

AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AMG » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 am

The newly created Bug Submission forum can be found here

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:37 pm

AMG wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am
As a rule, one bug per thread (unless there are other ways of triggering the same issue)
OK, noted.
AMG wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am
I hope this answers your questions?
In abundance, thank you very much, Adam. :)

If I've understood the naming convention right, you want the brackets to be included in the text, yes?
(Just double-checking, because those brackets are often used to demonstrate optional inputs)

And I hope you don't mind if I'll continue to update the BugDB directly, without forum posts?

AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AMG » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:48 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:37 pm
If I've understood the naming convention right, you want the brackets to be included in the text, yes?
(Just double-checking, because those brackets are often used to demonstrate optional inputs)

And I hope you don't mind if I'll continue to update the BugDB directly, without forum posts?
That's up to you, brackets or no brackets is fine. I've previously found including them helps when quickly reading through a list of bugs.

And of course, please continue to add bugs directly to the db!

Thanks again,

Happy new year to all!

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by terminator » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:05 am

It’s too bad you can’t delete a double bug for example or when you realize that it’s not a real bug in the Order of Battle Bug Database.

What will happen after 04/01/2019 with the 7.1.5 beta ?

fidelio77
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by fidelio77 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:25 pm

As you can see on attached file (can you?) there are completed all primary objectives by 16 turn on operation star scenario and victory has not been triggered. Why is that?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”