Is there a way to get parts of a campaign back after deletion?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

conboy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Is there a way to get parts of a campaign back after deletion?

Post by conboy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:51 am

Sorry to bother, but I'm at my wits' end.
I deleted a campaign because it wouldn't start at the previous start after I added some more scenarios.
I figured I'd just grab the stuff out of the folder and put it into a new folder.
Only, when you delete a campaign, it totally deletes it, beyond simple recovery through the windows wastebasket -- I mean it's GONE. folder and all.
I had some photos in there that that weren't stashed anywhere else, and some other items.
Any way to get this stuff back? Where in heck did it go?
Needless to say, I'm embarrassed even to ask about this.

conboy

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Is there a way to get parts of a campaign back after deletion?

Post by bebro » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:25 am

Unfortunately it won't be easy if it's deleted and there are no backups anywhere else.

Maybe one of the various undelete tools on the net could help, but I never used those myyself, and can't say how well they work.

robertahyuk
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by robertahyuk » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:45 am

bebro wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:25 am
Unfortunately it won't be easy if it's deleted and there are no backups anywhere else.

Maybe one of the various undelete tools on the net could help, but I never used those myyself, and can't say how well they work.
This tool for Windows 10 will help you out. I've recovered many things with it and it's easy and works great. Made just for Windows. Great product!

Free Download Effective Data Recovery Software | iBeesoft
https://www.ibeesoft.com/data-recovery- ... overy.html

Supports recover deleted videos, photos, audios, documents, archives, emails and other files from Windows 10.
It provides quick scan and deep scan mode to help you successfully undelete files in Windows 10 and unformat the drive.
Supports windows 10 undelete from hard disk, partition, SSD, memory card, USB flash drive, digital camera, pen drive, palyer and other external storage devices.

conboy

Post by conboy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanks very much Robert. The free install took me all the way up to recovering the files and then wanted $45 to complete the install...

Thanks but I think I should have taken them up on it because now my whole OoB is beshat.

conboy

Return to “Order of Battle Series”