Moscow!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Dmurphy238
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Moscow!

Post by Dmurphy238 »

Two things: When I destroyed the 50th unit I got jibberish as a description. Something about event etc. But no big deal. Other thing was more troubling...grabbed my second suburb but no victory...grabbed them all, still no victory. Then with start of turn 20, relief when I see Major Victory. Granted playing at Lt. level is not too difficult but does the game not envision anyone winning before that turn. Or do you have to hold on to Moscow for several turns or so?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Moscow!

Post by terminator »

Dmurphy238 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:47 pm Two things: When I destroyed the 50th unit I got jibberish as a description. Something about event etc. But no big deal. Other thing was more troubling...grabbed my second suburb but no victory...grabbed them all, still no victory. Then with start of turn 20, relief when I see Major Victory. Granted playing at Lt. level is not too difficult but does the game not envision anyone winning before that turn. Or do you have to hold on to Moscow for several turns or so?
You have to capture Moscow (golden flag) and two silver flags to complete the objective :

Screenshot 967.jpg
Screenshot 967.jpg (238.18 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Well, here's your gibberish. They forgot the details on the Event Popup:

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (158.68 KiB) Viewed 2950 times
- Bru
luckyphil259
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by luckyphil259 »

Seeing how you have made it to Moscow you should be able to answer my question regards Vyzma 44. When do you finally get access to your core Air Force unit? I get the message along the lines that the weather has cleared, I get the 20 air command points but no access to my core air units. What I do get is a horde of Russia aircraft all over the map. Is it a matter of time or am I supposed to purchase a brand new set of units?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

luckyphil259 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:49 am Seeing how you have made it to Moscow you should be able to answer my question regards Vyzma 44. When do you finally get access to your core Air Force unit? I get the message along the lines that the weather has cleared, I get the 20 air command points but no access to my core air units. What I do get is a horde of Russia aircraft all over the map. Is it a matter of time or am I supposed to purchase a brand new set of units?
Have you try this :

Screenshot 990.jpg
Screenshot 990.jpg (252.45 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Dmurphy238 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:47 pm Then with start of turn 20, relief when I see Major Victory. Granted playing at Lt. level is not too difficult but does the game not envision anyone winning before that turn. Or do you have to hold on to Moscow for several turns or so?
Thx for the feedback - the missing text is purely an info that you achieved the objective regarding destroyed units, so there is no impact on gameplay. We will correct this.

As for victory - turn 20 is the earliest possible victory here. The scenario can go up to 30, but ends at 20 if everything is achieved.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

luckyphil259 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:49 am Seeing how you have made it to Moscow you should be able to answer my question regards Vyzma 44. When do you finally get access to your core Air Force unit? I get the message along the lines that the weather has cleared, I get the 20 air command points but no access to my core air units. What I do get is a horde of Russia aircraft all over the map. Is it a matter of time or am I supposed to purchase a brand new set of units?
Pls check terminator's pic above - most often this is a case of unit filter settings.
Dmurphy238
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Dmurphy238 »

Thanks for the response! Got a Tiger II at start of the next scenario and just waiting for the Luftwaffe to let me deploy an Me 262! Loving it!
luckyphil259

Post by luckyphil259 »

Excellent thank you. I can't recall having that issue before, obviously having too much fun and not paying enough attention. Now it is time to go and flame some Russian aircraft. :-)
Raven89
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Raven89 »

well, i have the same problem as op, but i cant achive a major victory in the scenario, i captured both moscow and all 3 suburbs before turn 27 and turn 28. but mission just keeps going to turn 30 before telling me that we at least earnd a victory against the soviets. I dont really feel like having to replay this scenario again if i cant achive a major victory here. forgot about cheats, got my major victory when using #igotnukes at turn 28.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Cheat code #igotnukes will give you a Major Victory. Press CTRL + C to bring up the command console.
- Bru
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Raven89 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm well, i have the same problem as op, but i cant achive a major victory in the scenario, i captured both moscow and all 3 suburbs before turn 27 and turn 28. but mission just keeps going to turn 30 before telling me that we at least earnd a victory against the soviets. I dont really feel like having to replay this scenario again if i cant achive a major victory here. forgot about cheats, got my major victory when using #igotnukes at turn 28.
Edit: the victory check looks actually good, but after testing I found it working only sometimes, and when you take objectives in a certain sequence. That looks like a deeper prob with a trigger condition or combination of trigger conditions not behaving correctly.

Fortunately there is a way to work around this.

So sorry you ran into this, we will change the trigger.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bebro wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:14 am
Raven89 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm well, i have the same problem as op, but i cant achive a major victory in the scenario, i captured both moscow and all 3 suburbs before turn 27 and turn 28. but mission just keeps going to turn 30 before telling me that we at least earnd a victory against the soviets. I dont really feel like having to replay this scenario again if i cant achive a major victory here. forgot about cheats, got my major victory when using #igotnukes at turn 28.
Edit: the victory check looks actually good, but after testing I found it working only sometimes, and when you take objectives in a certain sequence. That looks like a deeper prob with a trigger condition or combination of trigger conditions not behaving correctly.

Fortunately there is a way to work around this.

So sorry you ran into this, we will change the trigger.
I do not understand very well. Quickly by looking, I do not see problem.

What do you want to say by "Do not lose any original primary VPs" ?

Screenshot 1041.jpg
Screenshot 1041.jpg (78.36 KiB) Viewed 2578 times

Do you want to say that if you lose any original primary VPs (Volokolamsk, Mozhaysk & Medyn') it is impossible to win the scenario ?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

"Do not lose any original primary VPs" is IMO not the problem here.

The problem is the other objective "Secure Moscow center and suburbs" (gold flag and silver flags).

The trigger should IMO work as it is now. But after Raven's post I did tests with AI off, and it does not always work.

It depends in what order you take those flags, which IMO should not play a role at all, but it did.

I've found a way meanwhile to work around that.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bebro wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:35 pm "Do not lose any original primary VPs" is IMO not the problem here.
I think there is a problem in a particular case.
If you lose any original primary VPs, the objective "Do not lose any original primary VPs" will be marked failed but the trigger "Never lose Ger start VHs" will not be disabled. So if you re-capture the VH that you lost, it will be possible to win the scenario at the end.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

OK, I check that, np

Return to “Order of Battle Series”