1812 Russian and French Armies with detachments

Moderators: hammy, Blathergut, terrys, Slitherine Core

vsolfronk
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

1812 Russian and French Armies with detachments

Post by vsolfronk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:38 pm

In the 1812 Russian and French Army lists, they are able to get a detachment/division of cavalry or guards with their army. Does the detached division use their attachment/leader restrictions, or now their new parent army restrictions?

For example, the Russian Infantry Corps Army of the West 1812 states (ToN p.41): "The army may include a single cavalry division from....The division must obey its own list's special rules except all minima for units in this list are ignored"

So can this division have it's own Charismatic commander, while the "parent army" can have it's own charismatic commander?

nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: 1812 Russian and French Armies with detachments

Post by nigelemsen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm

My 10p worth, is that i would take it from the source list you are drawing the division. As that defines its structure.
Proelium: Wargaming rules for 3000B.C. - 1901A.D.
Hordes of Models and Buckets of Dice
Web: www.quickplayrules.com
Social: www.facebook.com/quickplayrules
Twitter: @quickplayrules

vsolfronk

Post by vsolfronk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 pm

I kind of agree but that allows for some armies (French and Russians) to be able to purchase 2 (or more if you are French)charismatic commanders...

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 pm

I agree (but that's based just on these olde brain cells) that you would use the list you are drawing from. So, yes, an army may end up with another Charismatic commander. As mentioned, that officer would be specific to the list you are drawing from and that division's composition.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I am torn on the charismatic commanders. Remember they have to be attached not jsut in range to give their extra die.

So for a Corps commander it is hard to keep up with who need the help. I kind of like them in a cav division for rallying, but that means they are likely to see combat and risk losss. Also once in a divion they can't help the rest of the army.

I don't think I would buy two if I could. But I can see having hte option to buy the 1 in an allied division.

Return to “Army Design”