Using a Single Division From Another List-Attachments

Moderators: hammy, Blathergut, terrys, Slitherine Core

atatnet
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Using a Single Division From Another List-Attachments

Post by atatnet » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:37 am

I am planning an army from the Austrian Army of Bohemia 1813-14 list (ToN p101) and would like to attach a Cav Division from the Army of Bohemia Austrian Cavalry Corps (ToN p 104). My question is this:

The Austrian Army of Bohemia restriction is that all attachments must be allocated to their parent units when first purchased.

The Austrian Reserve Corps, Army of Bohemia restriction is that attachments are only allocated to their parent units after terrain placement, but before deployment.

Do the Austrian Army of Bohemia's restrictions override the restrictions of the Austrian Reserve Corp and apply to the Reserve Cavalry Division as well, or does each division retain its own characteristic restrictions?

panda2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Using a Single Division From Another List-Attachments

Post by panda2 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 am

Thats a good question!

However, unless one of the authors says different, I would say that the restrictions apply on a division by division level, so that the in this case the attachments to the cavalry division are allocated after terrain placement. There are a few cases where divisions from the same list allocate their attachments at different times (see, for example the Austrian Army of the Danube 1809 where attachments to the mixed divisions are added to units after terrain placement, whilst for other divisions they are added when purchased). There is therefore no general rule that attachments in an a corps have to be allocated to units at the same time.

Andy D

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by deadtorius » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm

I agree also, I think its on a division by division basis.
Personally thought I have so far always stuck my attachments in when the list is made and thats how they land on the table. I never really bothered much with can I do it now or do I have to wait till after terrain is deployed?

atatnet
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by atatnet » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 pm

OK! That's the way I am planning to play it as well. Thanks.

terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:19 pm

A lists special restriction apply to a division even if it's an allied division to another list.

Return to “Army Design”