Unit strength cap

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

jugasa
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Unit strength cap

Post by jugasa » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am

Hello, everybody.
I have edited the unit strength of several units setting them to 32, 35, 36, 40, 48, 54... strength points.
A panzer regiment has 2 battalions, 4 companies, 8 squadrons, 16 squads, 32 platoons and 128 tanks (4 each platoon).
These reduces randomness of dice rolls but gives me more flexibility when editting units.
But unit strength points square is capped at 20 although it has more strength points as we can see at the unit details.
I have searching the file to edit but I couldn't find it.
Can anybody help me? Thanks.

jugasa
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Unit strength cap

Post by jugasa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:51 am

jugasa wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am
Can anybody help me? Thanks.
I have tried editing C:\...\UI\editor_unitparams.htm.
I change the next rows:
IDS_LABEL_UNIT_STRENGTH (...) maxvalue=64
IDS_LABEL_UNIT_MAX_STRENGHT (...) maxvalue=96
IDS_LABEL_UNIT_SUP (...) maxvalue=96
IDS_LABEL_UNIT_EXP (...) maxvalue=999
But utilitybuttons_base.png still have a maximun of 20.
You have to look the real strength at statbase.png.
Another kind of fog where you can only see the first wave at the first look? :lol:
Has anybody any new idea?
Thanks.

Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:22 pm

You may see the full strength in the extended combat prediction (Crtl + Click). This might help if they are quite close.

I think you will have a problem with earning experience than. You will get them for losses and hits, so you will earn much xp than normal and is might break the balance than.

jugasa
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jugasa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Gwaylare wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:22 pm
I think you will have a problem with earning experience than. You will get them for losses and hits, so you will earn much xp than normal and is might break the balance than.
Yes, that's true: I have been doing some testing.
If I increase the unit strength I have to decrease ExpGrowRate by 25%-50%.
Something like 0=32, 1=16, 2=8, 3=4, 2=2, 1=1.
Thanks.

tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by tenshin111 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Unit parameters are edited in the eqipment file. And this includes the field called "Max Strength". So you can set different max values for different units.

Normal units can go up to 15 in strength (unless you use the editor or cheat code to set the strenght manually to some other value). However, that will most likely "break" the game as the calculations for battle results/losses/exp/etc. will be completely out of bounds.

And if you want to limit randomness due to dice rolls just switch to "limited dice" or whatever that setting is called.

jugasa
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jugasa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:37 pm

tenshin111 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Normal units can go up to 15 in strength (unless you use the editor or cheat code to set the strenght manually to some other value). However, that will most likely "break" the game as the calculations for battle results/losses/exp/etc. will be completely out of bounds.

And if you want to limit randomness due to dice rolls just switch to "limited dice" or whatever that setting is called.
Surely, there is more randomness throwing 10d100 than throwing 30d100, for example. And there will be more losses for each sides and units will gain experience faster. I knew that point.

But the reason is to define with more precision the number of strength factors a regiment has, supposing that a unit represents a regiment.

I agree that if you want to limit randomness is better to switch between normal, limited and chess dice.

Return to “Panzer Corps”