Why No Pacific Campaign?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by Edgewalker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:41 am

proline wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm
Edgewalker wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm
proline wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm


That's because it's vastly better. I mean if these games were in different categories like one being strategy and one being real-time shooter, you could argue that popularity is affected by the size of the target audience. But since they're literally both WW2 turn-based board games they appeal to the exact same demographic and that demographic has spoken.
Following that poor man's logic Decisive Campaigns and Grigsby series are infinately worse cause they have smaller player base then simpler, strategy-lite likes PZC.
Maybe in your world bigger group of people nodding heads behind your back makes you right, hardly suprising, just don't expect me to tag along.
Conversely, the fact that there's one guy out there who says he loves game X does not make game X good. It simply makes it good in that one guy's mind. Hell there's someone out there who loves Panzer Strategy and that game is an awful Russian rip-off. Cream rises to the top- if you make 10 games that appeal to the exact same group of people they'll end up playing the best of those 10. (And as I said before, I'm not talking about comparing games that appeal to different demographics where the demographics are different sizes.)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7699 ... _Strategy/
Why are you looking at strategy games only through popularity or lack of it?
Is it a hive mind you are representing? What are you, a bee? :D

proline
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 am

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by proline » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am

Edgewalker wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:41 am
proline wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm
Edgewalker wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm


Following that poor man's logic Decisive Campaigns and Grigsby series are infinately worse cause they have smaller player base then simpler, strategy-lite likes PZC.
Maybe in your world bigger group of people nodding heads behind your back makes you right, hardly suprising, just don't expect me to tag along.
Conversely, the fact that there's one guy out there who says he loves game X does not make game X good. It simply makes it good in that one guy's mind. Hell there's someone out there who loves Panzer Strategy and that game is an awful Russian rip-off. Cream rises to the top- if you make 10 games that appeal to the exact same group of people they'll end up playing the best of those 10. (And as I said before, I'm not talking about comparing games that appeal to different demographics where the demographics are different sizes.)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7699 ... _Strategy/
Why are you looking at strategy games only through popularity or lack of it?
Is it a hive mind you are representing? What are you, a bee? :D
When two games are directly equivalent and comparable in all respects, published by the same company and marketed to the same demographic, how many people play them directly reflects quality. Similarly, when two species eat the same food and live in the same habitat, the one that survives is fitter than the one that goes extinct. That doesn't mean the extinct one wasn't cool or didn't have neat features, it just means at the end of the day it wasn't fit, just as OOB is unfit to be played by most strategy gamers.

turn4441
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by turn4441 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 pm

+1 with Proline. I have OOB and several add-ons, but it's more of a collectors thing as after a few attempts to get into it, I really have little desire to play it and have not/will not buy any of the European expansions.

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by Edgewalker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 am

proline wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am
Edgewalker wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:41 am
proline wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Conversely, the fact that there's one guy out there who says he loves game X does not make game X good. It simply makes it good in that one guy's mind. Hell there's someone out there who loves Panzer Strategy and that game is an awful Russian rip-off. Cream rises to the top- if you make 10 games that appeal to the exact same group of people they'll end up playing the best of those 10. (And as I said before, I'm not talking about comparing games that appeal to different demographics where the demographics are different sizes.)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7699 ... _Strategy/
Why are you looking at strategy games only through popularity or lack of it?
Is it a hive mind you are representing? What are you, a bee? :D
When two games are directly equivalent and comparable in all respects, published by the same company and marketed to the same demographic, how many people play them directly reflects quality. Similarly, when two species eat the same food and live in the same habitat, the one that survives is fitter than the one that goes extinct. That doesn't mean the extinct one wasn't cool or didn't have neat features, it just means at the end of the day it wasn't fit, just as OOB is unfit to be played by most strategy gamers.
You are unshaken in your resolve :-) Though I don't agree I can respect the calm and polite manner you are presenting your argument. Sorry for my punches. Cheers buddy :-)

Tassadar
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by Tassadar » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:49 pm

With the new naval combat system for Panzer Corps 2 I actually really hope tha the first DLC that comes for the series will be the Pacific Corps 2 addon. :)

coastcityo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by coastcityo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Sorry to hijack this hijacked thread by posting about the Pacific instead of which game is better...

Kasperlzhang wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:01 am
IMHO the pacific theater was much more about ships than panzers, and PzC is not very good at simulating naval warfare.
Obviously you never played Pacific General. Naval Combat was a part of the game, just as it is in Panzer General in Mediterranean scenarios, and it is a little larger in scale than the battles between the Italian and British Royal Navies. But, the heart of the game is still ground combat. Whether it be traditional battles like Guadal Canal, or amphibious operations like Bloody Tarawa. The main focus of Naval Units in the game, are similar to their use in Torch. Naval Bombardments, and Carier Operations.

It was a great version of the old General Platform, and a hell of a lot of fun to play.

GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by GiveWarAchance » Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 pm

If you want a Pacific War game, you can try Sudden Strike 4 which has a very good pacific war dlc.
Another new game with mostly naval combat is Strategic Mind: The Pacific

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”