Invading the US

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

carlisimo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Invading the US

Post by carlisimo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 pm

I need advice – I have a game that’s gone quite well as the Central Powers. It’s late 1916 and the Entente has been knocked out with the exception of the US. They only ever sent one garrison unit to France, so the East Coast is swarming with infantry. They don’t have a navy anymore, but I don’t think I have a chance of successfully taking any of their cities. How do I go about this? I have plenty of time and resources, but I’ll need them to build up transport capacity.

I did try rushing in with a few transports, and taking Boston (for just a couple of turns) wasn’t enough to force a surrender. But having partial supply did help my ships a lot. I’ll see if I can get lucky and take an empty city once I have many more transports ready, but if there aren’t any empty ones I’m not sure I can do anything. Any tips?

Also, can one cruiser/battlefleet supply one unit, or a chain of adjacent units?

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Invading the US

Post by operating » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:28 am

Al
so, can one cruiser/battlefleet supply one unit, or a chain of adjacent units?
You can supply 2 or more units on land hexes that contact with one fleet (hex) anywhere (including many USA coastal hexes) . This can be easily be done on the St. Lawrence waterway (units on both sides of the waterway) up in Canada.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”