Mac Platform

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Itlnprd1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Mac Platform

Post by Itlnprd1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Any chance this game is coming to Mac platform?

yosefbenami
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Mac Platform

Post by yosefbenami » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Now that Battle Academy 2 has been released for the Mac Platform, when can we loyal buyers who own Macs expect Commander: the Great War? Is there a timeline for release? Sure I can purchase the version for the iPad but I truly dislike this kind of game on a tablet and avoid it if possible. And as long as there is no word either way from Slitherine, what is a patient fan to do? So please make up your minds and let us loyal buyers know because if you have no intention to release a Mac version, I (and I am sure many other Mac fans) will order the iPad version. Am I the only one who feels this way? Is Commander: the Great War for Mac coming or has it already been tossed in the remainder bin of almost completed projects?

And by the way, BA 2 for Mac is a great product.

scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Bumping this. Any news on "Commander - The Great War" for OS X?
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:21 pm

I don't think we have any OSX plans for Commander at this time. That said, never say never!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

mark1878
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mark1878 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Pip this seems very odd. The title of this forum is on the list of forums

Commander - The Great War
PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

and Mac is shown on the slitherine store . The mac full page gives Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) as a requirement. I would give the page but the forum thinks Sitherine's own page is spam.

So when was the Mac version dropped?

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:58 am

Hello Mark,

The Mac version was planned, but never developed, so although the product page was created there is no version of the game available. Currently there are no immediate plans to produce a Mac version of the game.

Regarding being unable to post the link, this is likely part of the anti-spam measures, as new users cannot post links until they hit 10 posts. If you want to start a thread and post 10 messages, then let me know the URL of the thread, I can move this into a moderator forum, then you'll be able to post links in the future.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”