Bridge work

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Bridge work

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I took command of a Russian Penal Battallion 44/5 (all SMG) for this Skirmish attack using Ajax's Army Lists Mod, and gave the Germans a defending infantry Co 44/5.
This bridge is the only one across the river to reach the objectives, so I bought 2x SU-122 assault guns to help my boys punch across it, and also backed them up with 2x SU-76's and a light mortar, what could possibly go wrong?-

PIC 1- My boys toast a German truck, but the first real blood goes to the Germans, I lay a smokescreen and one of my SU-122's spearheads the drive across the bridge but is quickly trashed for its trouble by gunfire from one of the buildings-

PIC 2- Now the Germans begin shelling the bridge with 2 separate mortars and a rocket-firing vehicle, I'm getting a bad feeling about this..

PIC 3- After only about half-a-dozen turns into the game I've clearly lost, so I send my remaining SU-122 to nobble the rocket vehicle out of spite but I hadn't noticed its gun is disabled, so I can't fire! Feeling sheepish, I resign the game and go to pout and sulk over a cup of hot sweet tea..

Return to “Battle Academy 2: AAR”