Which CC to start with???

The Close Combat series has been a favourite for years. The relaunch brings huge updates to this classic series of games.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Which CC to start with???

Post by tula1959 »

Hey all! Thinking about getting started with CC ( I am an Order of Battle-WW2 guy!) since they are having such a great sale on them right now, and seek opinions as to which of the CC edition to start with????? Can't seem to make up my mind LOL, they all look interesting!!! Opinions please! Thanks
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Which CC to start with???

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I'd say go for the newly-released 'CC:The Bloody First' because it's got a 3D oblique angle view option (below) which makes you feel as if you're right in there among the men..:)
(All the other games in the series are only 2D top-down view)
PS- you can change the Bloody First 'PITCH' angle in the Data > MAPVIEW file to suit your own preference, I set it to 20 in this pic (the higher the number the more you look down towards your feet). Hit key 'L' to cycle through the other 2 default views and roll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out..:)-

aaaaburn
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by aaaaburn »

Start with Gateway to Caen. Its the typical CC series format. Panthers in the Fog has...well fog. The new Bloody First is 3D and that is a mistake. People liked the top down 2D Close Combat for a reason. Last Stand Arnhem needs updating.The game setup and map realism is awesome but the gameplay has been vastly improved with titles like "Gateway to Caen".
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

aaaaburn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:34 pm Start with Gateway to Caen. Its the typical CC series format. Panthers in the Fog has...well fog. The new Bloody First is 3D and that is a mistake. People liked the top down 2D Close Combat for a reason. Last Stand Arnhem needs updating.The game setup and map realism is awesome but the gameplay has been vastly improved with titles like "Gateway to Caen".
I am considering buying Gateway to Caen, but I heard It has a broken LOS mechanic. Is that true? Any other concerns about the game?
aaaaburn

Post by aaaaburn »

Gateway to caen has some minor issues but its a great way to get used to the game.

Return to “Close Combat Series”