[Scenario Bug][2Allies1941, MidwayUSA]["Do not lose any Carrier" objective not completing][Ancient]

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Horst
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

[Scenario Bug][2Allies1941, MidwayUSA]["Do not lose any Carrier" objective not completing][Ancient]

Post by Horst » Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 pm

2Allies1941, MidwayUSA: the "Do not lose any Carrier" objective is not completing as the required turn 51 is hardly obtainable with a normal scenario limit of 35 or possibly even earlier if all Japanese forces are gone.
I'm not sure at moment if checking the box "Scenario turn limit" alone will fix it on an early victory. The best approach to "keep alive" objectives is to start these green-checked, so it's bulletproof for early victories and will require only one trigger to make it fail.
USPacific-MidwayUSA.jpg
USPacific-MidwayUSA.jpg (281.29 KiB) Viewed 48 times
USPacific-MidwayUSA2.jpg.jpg
USPacific-MidwayUSA2.jpg.jpg (286.6 KiB) Viewed 48 times

GabeKnight
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: [Scenario Bug][2Allies1941, MidwayUSA]["Do not lose any Carrier" objective not completing][Ancient]

Post by GabeKnight » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 pm

"Ancient" :lol:
About right....
It's even on my "to-do" list - for the day when I would play the US Pacific again.
Horst wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 pm
I'm not sure at moment if checking the box "Scenario turn limit" alone will fix it on an early victory.
Nope. Those triggers work on the turn-limit only.
Horst wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 pm
The best approach to "keep alive" objectives is to start these green-checked, so it's bulletproof for early victories and will require only one trigger to make it fail.
Agreed.

EDIT: FYI, here it is:

US Pacific - Girbert/Marshall Island (Adm. Clark) - add an "early victory" if all sec. obj. completed
US Pacific - Coral Sea - add an "early victory", if all sec. obj. achieved and inv. forces destroyed (or enough attacking ships sunk/damaged)
Us Pacific - Midway - "no damage to carrier" sec. obj. didn't check "complete"
US Pacific - Gundalcanal - shoot 5 aircraft down is missing "complete" check, commander OK
US Pacific - Gundalcanal - Popup "Zero unraveled", turn 23, 21.Sept.1942 -> US Zero reward unit?

Horst

Re: [Scenario Bug][2Allies1941, MidwayUSA]["Do not lose any Carrier" objective not completing][Ancient]

Post by Horst » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm

I was wrong about the "single fail trigger is enough". You still have to give the 100 RP reward somehow if you managed to keep your carriers alive.
I've seen the "All Japs Retreated" trigger for a possible early-victory, but not where it is enabled. Isn't there an automated victory if the enemy is gone? That was in my game.
I'm currently modifying/fixing the US Pacific. I need to take a look again how to add these early victory requirements.

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Horst wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm
I was wrong about the "single fail trigger is enough". You still have to give the 100 RP reward somehow if you managed to keep your carriers alive.
In that case, sure.
But seriously, creating "early victory" triggers is not that complicated. Even those that work correctly... :wink:
Horst wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm
Isn't there an automated victory if the enemy is gone? That was in my game.
No? I've done enough "tabulae rasae" on my watch, I should know...although there may have been some camouflaged units left - and some structures and/or mines may count as enemy units... but I'd still go with: nope.

Horst

Post by Horst » Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm

I finally found the early-victory prerequisite-trigger in "Event: Cleaning Up" that enables the early "Victory: All Japs Retreated".
Right, I've also tested that there is indeed no requirement for deployed enemy units to auto-lose or -win a scenario.

Horst

Post by Horst » Fri May 17, 2019 10:12 am

About "Bonus: No Carriers Lost": instead of checking any turn, checking completeness of the two primaries should do the trick for any victory.
A draw is also a defeat there, so all primaries must be completed.
MidwayUSA.jpg
MidwayUSA.jpg (279.41 KiB) Viewed 23 times

Return to “Order of Battle Bug Submissions”