Field of Glory: Empires - The Challenge

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory: Empires - The Challenge

Post by Daniele »

Fied of Glory Empires is surely a very ambitious project, aiming to bring to life the ancient world and its civilizations and to recreate the cultural intricacies of that time.

To better explain the complexity an the scope of the game, we started writing a series of dev diaries covering the most crucial points around which Field of Glory: Empires is designed.

Today we would like to expand this experience further. Welcome to the Challenge!

The Challenges

These are a series of events focused on special versions of the game. They are designed to explore step by step the game's mechanics but with a twist. These versions have certain areas and features locked, while others are allowed.

But what kind of challenge are we talking about and who can participate?

There is no better way to explain them than having a look at the first one:

Challenge #1: Conquer Italy playing as Rome in as few turns as possible

Nation available: Rome

Turns: takes as few as possible

Map: Locked to the Italian Peninsula and its closest surroundings.

Mechanics and features: All active

In this race against time, there is room for only one winner.

Who can join?

Influencers and media members. The participation is mainly by invitation, but if you think you qualify to compete, write to us at challenge@slitherine.co.uk, with your name/nickname and your channel/media.

Time and validity

10 days from the announcement.

In the 10 days of validity, we will gather the videos or the screenshots proving the completion of the challenge and will assign the scores. After all the Challenges have been played, we will declare the final winner by calculating the cumulative points gained in all the episodes.

Check all the rules here

Are you eager to see the Challenge in action? Then don't miss DasTactic tomorrow April, 9th attempting it on our official Twitch Channel at 6 pm BST / 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT
radic202
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Field of Glory: Empires - The Challenge

Post by radic202 »

Absolutely no way to post any attachment either her of on the Fantasy Generals 2 Facebook and absolutely no way to post it on your Slitherine Forums and there is NO and I mean NO Beta Forum anywhere, unless you did not give me access to it. Please you and Matrix are my Favorite Computer Gaming Companies, I am so disappointed right now!

I can't even post on your Facebook page for this game. Come on you guys are so much better than that! Please help me. I can't post here either and I am no newb when it come to posting and attaching (check my Matrix posting history if you want).
radic202
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by radic202 »

radic202 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:55 am Absolutely no way to post any attachment either her of on the Fantasy Generals 2 Facebook and absolutely no way to post it on your Slitherine Forums and there is NO and I mean NO Beta Forum anywhere, unless you did not give me access to it. Please you and Matrix are my Favorite Computer Gaming Companies, I am so disappointed right now!

I can't even post on your Facebook page for this game. Come on you guys are so much better than that! Please help me. I can't post here either and I am no newb when it come to posting and attaching (check my Matrix posting history if you want).
Thanks Adam, all works now. I appreciate your help.
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

I noticed different folks are interpreting the challenge in somewhat different ways. Das did only the Italia Superior and Inferior areas. While one or two others on youtube went for all of Cisalpine Gaul too. I assume the intent of the challenge is solely the Italia labeled provinces and nothing more (AKA not Cisalpine Gaul). Might want to clarify it for those still working on the first challenge.

As far as I can tell Italia meant different things over the course of Roman History. The Superior/Inferior definitions in game don't really correspond to actual historical Roman province divisions in any specific period as far as I am aware. Although I could be wrong.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Italy

Image Image

Return to “News & Announcements”