Some Questions

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Gters
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Some Questions

Post by Gters »

Hello everyone and excuse me for my bad english :D I play with central power and I have some questions.... thx in advance

1) During the campaign, Is it possible to remove blockade of north sea?

2) During 1917, I start to have a food problems, can I resolve it? And how can I prevent or delay it?

3) Can you explain to me what is exactly collapse points. Actually my numbers are yellow and increase costantly. My morale still good, about 80% but coming down fast.

4) Can I change the final data of campaign? I would like to continue my war)

5) My cipher is broken... I've need to use counter-intel or intel on select enemy nation?
Last edited by Gters on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Some Questions

Post by operating »

Welcome aboard..!

I believe you are playing vanilla, but your last question seems to be related to the Potzblitz mod., If you are playing the mod enter your queries there, the mod creator will only be too glad to help you out.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

To answer your first question here is the lua script for breaking the blockade:

-- German convoys reactivated
function BlockadeBroken()
if GetEvent("BlockadeEstablished") ~= 0 and GetEvent("BlockadeBroken") == 0 then
local entente = game:GetAllianceById(1)
local cp = game:GetAllianceById(2)
local ententeStrength = 0
local cpStrength = 0
for faction in entente.factions do
for unit in faction.units do
if unit.type == Unit.NAVAL then
if unit.hex ~= nil and unit.hex.region == 1 and unit.prototype.name ~= "transport" and unit.prototype.name ~= "convoy" then -- ignore convoys & transports
ententeStrength = ententeStrength + unit.hp
end
end
end
end

for faction in cp.factions do
for unit in faction.units do
if unit.type == Unit.NAVAL then
if unit.hex ~= nil and unit.hex.region == 1 and unit.prototype.name ~= "transport" and unit.prototype.name ~= "convoy" then -- ignore convoys & transports
cpStrength = ententeStrength + unit.hp
end
end
end
end

if cpStrength/ententeStrength > 1.5 then
-- Blockade broken
SetEvent("BlockadeBroken", game.turn)
game:GetFactionById(2).luaData.blockaded = 0
end
end
end

The line that reads: "if cpStrength/ententeStrength > 1.5 then" Means if the CP navy get's to where it is one and a half times larger than the Entente navy then the blockade will be broken..
Gters

Post by Gters »

ok but i don't know much about scripts etc... and i don't want to cheat nothing. I want only know if possible to remove it during the campaign. If you are able to read it, is it possible for you?

Ps, I only play with poltbltz mod, never played vanilla version :D
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Gters wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:54 pm ok but i don't know much about scripts etc... and i don't want to cheat nothing. I want only know if possible to remove it during the campaign. If you are able to read it, is it possible for you?

Ps, I only play with poltbltz mod, never played vanilla version :D

Where you are playing Potzblitz the above scripts may not be the same , I do not know this for a fact is to be different. By the way there is a thead below named 2018 CTGW ROLL CALL please check out that thread. When Robotron get's on-line here, he would be best at helping you out..
Gters

Post by Gters »

roger, thx you so much!
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

In the meantime if you like to learn about the game go: Local Disc (C)/ Program Files (x86)/Slitherine/CTGW or Potzblitz/Data/Scripts/game/Game Events (there is a whole list of events including blockade events that could be of interest to you) (plus there are many other script information other than game events that could help you better understand the inner workings of the game, it's not cheating, it's a learning experience). Important: Double click each step of the way of the path I presented. Good Luck!!
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

Gters wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:34 pm Hello everyone and excuse me for my bad english :D I play with central power and I have some questions.... thx in advance

1) During the campaign, Is it possible to remove blockade of north sea?

2) During 1917, I start to have a food problems, can I resolve it? And how can I prevent or delay it?

3) Can you explain to me what is exactly collapse points. Actually my numbers are yellow and increase costantly. My morale still good, about 80% but coming down fast.

4) Can I change the final data of campaign? I would like to continue my war)

5) My cipher is broken... I've need to use counter-intel or intel on select enemy nation?
Hi Gters, welcome to the forums. I'm the guy responsible for the mod. There's a PDF included in the download that briefly describes the new rules for the mod. The PDF is not up to date but most of the new rules still apply.

1. Yes. You must try to sink as many British warships as possible and build a lot of submarines to operate in the North Atlantic. The more submarines you have and the more British ships you sink the greater the chance, that the blockade is broken. Another way is to play the "North Sea Blockade broken" event but whether you draw it is not guaranteed. See PDF page 3.

2. To lower the chance of hunger, Germany must conquer either France or Russia. Germany must have good relations with Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Netherlands. Should Italy join the Central Powers this will also help.

The following events should be played if available:
- "Ersatz foodstuffs"
- "General Government of Belgium"
- "Congress Poland"
- "Emergency Plans"

3. See the PDF page 4.

4. no

5. Use "COUNTER INTEL" on your own nations to keep the cipher safe. If your cipher is broken, this might cause annoying spy events happening to you.
Use "INTEL" on enemies to break their cipher and get the chance to cause annoying spy events on them.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Gters

Post by Gters »

Thx you for your reply and your effort

1- ok I will try

2-In my actual campaign, I've conquer serbia plus greece and my armies are advance over odessa and kilvna. West front is similar at the start of war but however still I have problems with food.

3- I read and understand now.

4- ok, and can I increase number of the turns?

5- ok

I really like your mod and I hope that you continue to work on it. I hope also that you can add more units like elite troops (arditi, kaiserjager) or different artillery (light medium heavy). more events etc.

Pehaps i found a bug when you have fighter in the city and enemy infantry attack it, the game crashes. I had reload my savegame 3 times and i had always crashes. Another problem that I have is with music because I have it only in the start screen but not in the game and also cavalry sometimes has problem. My sound card is Soundblaster X-FI
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Gters wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:54 am Pehaps i found a bug when you have fighter in the city and enemy infantry attack it, the game crashes. I had reload my savegame 3 times and i had always crashes.
If the game keeps crashing please provide the last savegame (autosave.endturn) before the crash or the ctgw.log (usually to be found in your Documents folder, so look in "My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War".
Put the ctgw.log and/or autosave.endturn files into a .zip or .rar archive and attach them to your post using the forum's "upload attachment" feature in the bottom left corner of the reply box in "full editor and preview" mode.
NOTE: This log is overwritten every time you start the game. Please make a copy of the log after any crash/bug you want to report BEFORE reloading the game.

Alternatively you can just post the "error" message at the end of the ctgw.log, usually this holds enough information to fix a bug but in some cases the last savegame is required for me to get the "bigger picture".

Gters wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:54 am Another problem that I have is with music because I have it only in the start screen but not in the game and also cavalry sometimes has problem. My sound card is Soundblaster X-FI
There is no ingame music, it was replaced with sounds for weather. What do you mean with "cavalry sometimes has problem". Is there no sound playing when moving or attacking?
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Gters

Post by Gters »

I'm sorry, i don't have the savegame because was of old campaign that I played some days ago.
I resolved the problem with sound with updated driver, thank you!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”