Suggestions for improvements

Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 - Moderators

blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Suggestions for improvements

Post by blindsey »

1) First and foremost, make the game more easily mod-able, along the lines of Panzer Corps. Developer needs to expose the unit stats and graphics. If you don't do this, the game will have a short life span when compared to PG and PC.

2) It would be nice when assigning attached units to be able to detach them (at least during the initial attachment) as I can't tell you the number of times I have incorrectly clicked and attached one I wouldn't have, and then am stuck with it and can't change it. Really, I think they should be detachable between battles (as in real life) so you can reassign new ones.

Please add your suggestions for the developers below, thanks!
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Re: Suggestions for improvements

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello blindsey,
blindsey wrote:1) First and foremost, make the game more easily mod-able, along the lines of Panzer Corps. Developer needs to expose the unit stats and graphics. If you don't do this, the game will have a short life span when compared to PG and PC.

2) It would be nice when assigning attached units to be able to detach them (at least during the initial attachment) as I can't tell you the number of times I have incorrectly clicked and attached one I wouldn't have, and then am stuck with it and can't change it. Really, I think they should be detachable between battles (as in real life) so you can reassign new ones.

Please add your suggestions for the developers below, thanks!
1. we are a very small developer with very limited resources. There are many features in Germany at War and also a lot of stuff to create extra content, like docs and editors. Yet we have only seen very little that was done with that. So investing a lot of time into even more ways to do something people don't use on a large scale seems not a good investment of our time. We'd rather add campaigns or game features in that actually get used. The precessesor of GaW "Operation Barbarossa" could completely be moded on the graphical side, but it wasn't done. If we were bigger and had more money, like e.g. the PanzerCorps team, we certainly would like to improve all parts of the game including modding. But as things are we are stuck to the decision mentioned before.

2. This is something we had on mind for quite a while and it very likely you will see this in one of the future updates (not the next which will be 1.06 though).

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”