Tech Support

Post by Galangalad »

Please report technical issues here
socks
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Tech Support

Post by socks »

game sometimes crashes in multiplayer campaign. very similar bug that was in close combat 2. think it was fixed in 2.0b patch?

happens when game has ended about 20 oe 30% of the time perhaps.
drew42
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Tech Support

Post by drew42 »

I bought the download version of Gateway to Caen yesterday. As far as I can tell, it installed fine and runs fine, *except* I can't get into bootcamp. When I hover over the button, it does not highlight, and if I click it, nothing happens. I am new to Close Combat, so I'd really like to run through bootcamp.

Regards,
Drew Mason
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi drew42 - I suspect you have the German side selected? The bootcamp scenarios should be available if you switch to Allies I believe.

Steve
drew42

Post by drew42 »

Yes, changing sides works. Thanks very much.
Pandrel

Post by Pandrel »

Galangalad wrote:Please report technical issues here
I bought the cd in France (Conflicts&Strategie) but, although cd is recognize by hardware, I cannot run the setup. Help please.
ps: i have ALL the other Close Combat issues and i never have had this problem before.
Best regards
Pandrel Belgium
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Pandrel wrote:I bought the cd in France (Conflicts&Strategie) but, although cd is recognize by hardware, I cannot run the setup. Help please.
ps: i have ALL the other Close Combat issues and i never have had this problem before.
Best regards
Pandrel Belgium
Hello Pandrel,

What happens when you try to run the setup program? Is there an error message of some kind?

What version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,

Steve
major_rud

Post by major_rud »

Dear Steve and all it may concern,

I am an old dog in the CC genre(I have been playing the series since the first CC), and a big fan, me and my friend have been playing CC multi-player for years. Always the grand campaign. We gave up early in Panther's, it was simply to unstable, so instead we went back to A bridge to far. Then today we gave Caen a chance at first everything looked good. But soon it started freezing at the end of battles (usually when one or both was about to break, but not always), and we'd have to ctrl/alt/delete to get out and in again. And at last we gave up. Since the games been out for a while was hoping that most issues had been corrected, sadly it was not so. So sad because the new game looks great!

I really hope you get the problems fixed soon. After all we paid for a game that does not work properly, the pc game business is the only place where this is legal to sell an unfinished product, it doesn't happen when you buy other product like a tv or micro-way or even games for smart-phones, but here it is allowed, I rather wait longer and get a product that is working and complete. It works fine in single-player but since the AI is still ****, it has and always will be best as a multi-player game. When the CC games are working they are the best and most realistic combat stratagi games in the world, this is why keep on supporting you, but I grow older I have less time for games and also less patience for incomplete games...

The problems we had was mostly that it froze when one of us was about to break, but sometimes even before. Sometimes when the battle ended and was exiting it froze but would remember the outcome, so we could continue with the next battle. We both bought the game on Steam and we both run windows 7

Please don't launch the next CC before you fixed the problems in this game, don't launch the next before it is ready or launch it as a beta to people who buys your games and support you know what to expect.

Regards
Emil
major_rud

Post by major_rud »

Also please inform me how long before next patch..?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We have a new EXE up which is designed specifically to find and fix MP issues. I will find the link and post.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

major_rud

Post by major_rud »

It says in the forum which it is posted in June that it is only a temporary hotfix, didn't there come a patch that fixed this issue? I have bought the game on steam, so isn't the game supposed to update automatically?
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Steam should indeed update the game automatically. You can see the version number on the game main screen, in the lower right corner. 1.01 is the current update.

Here is what I would try:

1) Make sure both you and your opponent are using the 1.01 version.

2) Have the host player does the necessary tinkering with their router and/or firewall to open port 1944 before starting the game.

This should allow the joining player to make a direct connection to the host player (this will be indicated on the lobby screen as 'Direct Connection' -- if it says 'Lobby Connection' then the game could not access the port for some reason -- likely it is blocked by firewall, router, or other security.)

We also have a test version that you can use to help locate the source of the problem, if you would care to do that. This would involve both yourself and your opponent running a special version of the game which will send crash information back to me if it crashes. If you're both interested in doing this, please send me a PM and we can make the arrangements.

Steve
major_rud

Post by major_rud »

Thanks but we actually gave up playing the game. We did not have time or patience for a game this unstable... To bad locked really good. Maybe we'll try again in a few months, if it has not gotten better by then well stop investing any more in these games and stick with some of the older ones.

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support”