Thank you for the game

“Drums of War” - is a turn-based tactical strategy game boasting well developed combat system and interactive environment, providing wide opportunities for tactics.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Drums of War Moderators

Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Thank you for the game

Post by Micha63 »

Hello,
just purchased the game.
Ok , the grapgic is not really a hit from my personally view.
But the game is great, easy to handle and a good editor. Had fun to play it.
Keep up the good work. :D
Micha63

Re: Thank you for the game

Post by Micha63 »

After 1 day of playing let me say this game is great. In the game the graphic looks much better than the sceenshots.
The campaign is hard , i think i have to practice a while.
Good to have an editor.
This game is really worth to purchase, congratulations.
Vladimir1979
Drums of War
Drums of War

Post by Vladimir1979 »

Hello.
We are happy to hear that you liked our game.
TroyHowell
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by TroyHowell »

I echo the earlier comment. My 9 year old and I enjoy this thoughtful little game.
Herode_2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Herode_2 »

Hi there !

Nice game, easy to learn but still deep enough regarding battle tactics.
We are not being overwhelmed by tons of candy stuff, just the useful abilities, artifacts, potions and spells.

I love the old fashioned graphic style. Games with heavy 3d usually bore me soon : they more often than not deal tactical interest and replayability for short termed eye candy.
Not the kind of deal I'm found of.
To keep the long story short : DoW is the sort of small and quick game and love.

Some ideas now :

1/ I'd like have some kind of Hall of Fame to keep track of my experiments, successes and failures. Also, for replayability, it's a good incentive to improve my games.
I'd like to have one for campaigns and another for skirmishes. It could take into account such things as
- difficulty level, turns needed for victory, losses and kills (campaigns)
- relative prices of the armies, turns needed for victory, losses and kills (skirmishes). And of couse the overall score (victory/defeats)

2/ I think an arena mode could be interesting and drive some community interest. By "arena" I mean : create an army like you do for skirmishes but the army would retain experience from combat like it does in campaigns. No resurrection, or make it more expensive. Eventually, this could be used later in human vs human network games.

3/ in skirmish mode, I didn't find a screen where I could review the created armies. Did I miss something ?
If no such screen exists, I'd like to have one because detailed reviex of an army before combat is not optional. Skirmish mode is a fine tool to try builds, tactics and opponents combinations (like : what about a 400pts heavy armored ord army vs a like magic oriented 420 undead party ? And how does it compare vs a human 350pts cavalery battalion ? etc...) but needs some little refinements IMHO.

Anyway, don't misinterpret my suggestions : the game is pretty cool as it is.
Good job, thanks for it !
maximvs
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by maximvs »

This is a great little game. I bought it a week or so ago and I'm very pleased with it, I play a few missions each day between more 'serious' gaming. A very tactical game once you get into it :D
Vladimir1979
Drums of War
Drums of War

Post by Vladimir1979 »

adamjohnson wrote:The game has brought a new experienced real task for me , thanks for creating it
Thank you!

Return to “Drums of War”