Axis Allied Air Units

PC : Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front games of the past.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

iversonjm
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Axis Allied Air Units

Post by iversonjm »

I can't seem to get them to do anything in the Blue scenario. I can move them around just fine, but they never want to fly. Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch?
CheerfullyInsane
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

I don't have much experience with the 'Fall Blau' scenario, but after having a quick look, I can get them to fly alright.
All 16 of them ;)

Got to remember that the four airgroups around the Rumanian HQ don't actually have planes (except for a handful of recon in group 5), and the two airgroups around the Crimea (1st and 2nd) only have 8 planes each.
The only airgroup that actually packs a punch is the 8th (around Odessa).
And even then, the 1st, 2nd and 8th airgroup are all down to 1% general supply, plus they're far out of range from their HQ.

Again, having no experience with this particular scenario, you might want to relocate the Rum. Combat Air Command HQ, so the airgroups are in range, and then wait a week or two for them to get back into supply.

Hope this helps.

Lars
I've got two words for ya: Math is hard.
iversonjm
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by iversonjm »

Yeah, did all that, and still no go. No luck with the Hungarians or Italians either.
CheerfullyInsane

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

Hmmmm....

Okay, I'll take a closer look some time tomorrow.
But I had no trouble getting 1st & 2nd airgroup to bombard airfields on turn 1 in the quick test I ran.

A few things to consider (my apologies if you've already considered them all):

I'm assuming that you're running v1.02?
It might be a glitch corrected in a patch.

Second assumption is that you're trying to get the airgroups to do auto-missions.
First obstacle would be the air-doctrine. You haven't changed it, I take it?
Also there's the problem of getting Axis Allied to fly in support of Wehrmacht troopers.
Not sure how this works, since I haven't had much time to fiddle with WitE, but I would think there are rules concerning this.
Might be based on nationality or it could be based on which HQ the airgroup and respective ground troops are attached to.

Try manually sending the airgroups to bombard airfields and ground-units.
If that works, then we know the planes are actually capable of flying, which means it's a C&C (possibly doctrine) problem.

Lars
I've got two words for ya: Math is hard.
iversonjm
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by iversonjm »

Ah, didn't know there was a patch out. That may be the issue. Let me try that and see if it gets fixed.

Thanks much.
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

did u get it working i tried it and it works fine

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East”