Dead games removed

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dead games removed

Post by IainMcNeil »

I have removed 90 old games which have not updated since before 20th August so are over a month old.
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

I knew this game was dying as I have gone on several days now in a row with not one challenge on the board. Nobody around. Now 90 games never finished?? So when you going to start on Legion II with the Spartan/Troy engine again you promised us years ago?
Geordietaf

Post by Geordietaf »

You will have seen a lot of private challenges, many if not most generated by the League. Open challenges never stay available for long so it can appear that no-one is making any and it may well be that the effect of the league has been to reduce the number of open challenges, as people are busy with League games.

Try posting a few open challenges and you will find a quick response.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Dying - I think not! It's one of the fastest growing games we've ever had :)

There are around 1545 challenges listed in the system so 90 is about 5%!

10 new challenges issued this morning - and that's a Monday morning!

I started counting the new challenges posted yesterday and got to 60 and lost count... and interest... :)
CheerfullyInsane
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

It's hardly dying *LOL*
I think the longest I've had an open challenge standing was 20 minutes.
At present there's a lot of locked challenges because of the league games, but there are still plenty of opponents out there.

Lars

PS: And someone please promise me not to start developing Legion II until FoG has all the books incorporated.
Would be just my luck that it gets discontinued before the Dark Ages come into play :wink:
I've got two words for ya: Math is hard.
Xiggy

Post by Xiggy »

Some of us are in 3 leagues and have to finish 50 odd games by the middle of December. Or I would be posting challenges.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

CheerfullyInsane wrote:It's hardly dying *LOL*
I think the longest I've had an open challenge standing was 20 minutes.
At present there's a lot of locked challenges because of the league games, but there are still plenty of opponents out there.

Lars

PS: And someone please promise me not to start developing Legion II until FoG has all the books incorporated.
Would be just my luck that it gets discontinued before the Dark Ages come into play :wink:

Well , if they incororate the ability to import/export battle results to resolve tactical battles w a third party software (such as FOG :wink: ) the i would like to see legion two arrive.
Note, the Matrix game Empire in Arms has this feature :wink: :wink:
CheerfullyInsane

TheGrayMouser wrote:
CheerfullyInsane wrote:

Well , if they incororate the ability to import/export battle results to resolve tactical battles w a third party software (such as FOG :wink: ) the i would like to see legion two arrive.
Note, the Matrix game Empire in Arms has this feature :wink: :wink:
Multiplayer Legion with FoG import/export ability........*drool*
Alright fair enough, *then* I'd like to see Legion II.....too :)
But FoG Dark Ages first :wink:
Oh, and the above may be the one saving grace from EiA. That game also sports the weirdest GUI I've yet seen. and quite possibly the worst AI this decade.
(Well possibly excepting HPS' Squad battles series...)

Lars
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

Boy Slitherine must pay you guys a bunch to post that malarky because I've been checking constantly and nada, nothing, no challenges whatsoever everytime I login. So I just don't believe that crap about 60 games available and 1500+ bs.
gazxtrix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by gazxtrix »

have you tried posting a challenge ?

Never had a problem getting a battle if I've posted a challenge

Gary
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The issue is people prefer to accept than issue challenges. Who knows why - something to do with being in control and we're having trouble working out a way to deal with it.

It sounds like you are in that category? Try opsting a challenge and seeing how long it takes to be accepted. I would be surprised if it is more than an hour and could be a lot less.

Or you can continue to call me a liar ;)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

FYI 68 new PBEM games started yesterday. Thats one every 21 minutes.

Friday is going to be a really busy day as Round 4 of the beta tournament kicks off and its generally a busy day anyway.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Igorputski wrote:Boy Slitherine must pay you guys a bunch to post that malarky because I've been checking constantly and nada, nothing, no challenges whatsoever everytime I login. So I just don't believe that crap about 60 games available and 1500+ bs.

Well I'll repeat what everyone else is saying, everytime you "constantly " login, why dont you issue some challenges and you will certainly get games to play. Of course if you keep calling people who dont have problems getting games liars, you might have your challenges unanswered....
CheerfullyInsane

TheGrayMouser wrote:
Igorputski wrote:Boy Slitherine must pay you guys a bunch to post that malarky because I've been checking constantly and nada, nothing, no challenges whatsoever everytime I login. So I just don't believe that crap about 60 games available and 1500+ bs.

Well I'll repeat what everyone else is saying, everytime you "constantly " login, why dont you issue some challenges and you will certainly get games to play. Of course if you keep calling people who dont have problems getting games liars, you might have your challenges unanswered....
Really?
I prefer playing people who doubt my honesty :wink:

Oh and iain.............I still haven't gotten my check :mrgreen:

Lars

PS: Started 3 new games yesterday evening......Took about 15 minutes for them all to be picked up......
claymore58
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by claymore58 »

CheerfullyInsane wrote: I prefer playing people who doubt my honesty :wink:
That's because you are insane? Or is due to your cunning on the battelfield? :)
CheerfullyInsane

claymore wrote:
CheerfullyInsane wrote: I prefer playing people who doubt my honesty :wink:
That's because you are insane? Or is due to your cunning on the battelfield? :)
Well.....You've played me, so you should know it's probably not the cunning.... :mrgreen:
Ejoiner
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Ejoiner »

I've got to say I looooove the online challenge system. I post an open challenge and it's gone within minutes. Due to work/family/life I stick to one per week to give me an evening guilty pleasure after a long slog through the day. Also, I've played several others multiple times and feel like I've got "friends" across the world now. Win or lose I've enjoyed every moment of every game and I've never had a problem finding someone to play (just use an open challenge). Great game with even greater potential (how about multi-multiplayer with various gamers controlling wings of an army?). :)
little
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by little »

OK, putting my tuppence in here, but I have to agree that if I issue a challenge it is picked up within at least the hour (and normally within ten minutes). Sometimes there seem to be no challenges out there, but I think Ian has a point that a lot of people seem to prefer accepting challenges rather than issuing them.

I can't see the point to not trusting the fates and putting yourself out there and issue away :D . You get to meet a wider range of opponents (from beginners to old hands) from all over the world - and you get some interesting chats and games.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'll have to see if we can get some stats shown up there.

E.g.
Public Challenges issued today
Private Challenges issued today
Total ongoing challenges
Challenges completed today
Turns completed today
Active players
Average time before a public challenge is accepted
Average time before a private challenge is accepted

Not sure what we can do but it might help to make people realise how active the community is.
CheerfullyInsane

Is it worth the hassle?
I mean, this is one (albeit loud) voice in the wilderness.
All one has to do to figure out there's an active community is look at the response-rate on the boards.
Not that I mind getting stats to back me up, it just seems to me that you guys have better things to do with your time :wink:

Lars

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”