Setany cheats question

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Setany cheats question

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Apparently the list of setany cheats only apply to the human players current turn, for example in the random mission generator I can type 'setany weather' or 'setany ground state' to get a dramatic white winter snowscape map, but next turn i find the map has reverted back to grassy green, grrrr...
So is there any way to make the cheats automatically apply every turn for the whole battle?
(PS- my setany cheat list is about 4 years old, where can I find the current list to check if there are any new additions?)
scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Setany cheats question

Post by scorehouse »

i've never used any of the Setany cheats just the Hero cheats. did it stay winter when it went back to your turn? I'd like to see a new list also with a refresher on how to use them. thanks
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

I think it is related with how weather and ground states are handled by the game? They are checked and changed at the start of each turn, so just setting it once won't get you a permanent weather/ground state, you have to do that each turn to overwrite the new data.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Yeah guys, it reverts to green after our turn, it never sticks at Frozen.
The only way to make it stick is if we create a scenario in the Editor and set the weather in there, but that all takes time to do, grrr..
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

As frustrating as it might be, most of these 'cheats' are not game features. They're just hacks.
They change variables or functions out of context. Many will break the game and some can ruin your save game.
They're not something we specifically support or upkeep and many get deleted and changed over time.
They're there either because they're part of the game code, part of Unreal, or are used to aid testing.

We sometimes make you aware of them because they're useful for modders and people who don't want to play the game as designed. But using them is your responsibility and if they screw up the game .....

For example .. the setany function .. is it just changing the graphics or all the underlying terrain stats and functionality too? Will it be added to your save game and will it clash with the scenario weather when you load it? I've no idea. I only use it to test how things look. Not how they play.

There is no living/dynamic list because it would change multiple times a day. One of us posted a list years ago of what we considered the safe ones, it was out of date before it was posted and people soon started complaining that turning off the turn limits was breaking scenarios.

So bottom line .. use them if you want but don't expect them to be without issues. If theres something you find you use all the time and can't do without, post about it. You might not be alone and you may find it gets added as a feature. If you're nice about it ..

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am As frustrating as it might be, most of these 'cheats' are not game features. They're just hacks....
So bottom line .. use them if you want but don't expect them to be without issues. If theres something you find you use all the time and can't do without, post about it. You might not be alone and you may find it gets added as a feature. If you're nice about it ..
Go for it mate, I'm a huge fan of the Random mission generator and all I really want is a proper option to select a dramatic winter wonderland map to see how my boys would do with cold feet..:)

"That's Moscow General, can you take it?"
"Sure, i've got nothing planned for the next few days"
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am
Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am As frustrating as it might be, most of these 'cheats' are not game features. They're just hacks....
Go for it mate, I'm a huge fan of the Random mission generator and all I really want is a proper option to select a dramatic winter wonderland map to see how my boys would do with cold feet..:)
I hear ya. And you're not alone. The devs are aware that the Random map generator isn't what it could be.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

can't remember is it runany Victory1 or something else? trying to quick play and Warsaw takes too much time.thanks
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:26 am can't remember is it runany Victory1 or something else? trying to quick play and Warsaw takes too much time.thanks
runany Victory 0
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

thanks
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Warsaw is really a pain in the ass if you already played it a few times. Takes sooo long...
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

I know. You don't get any super Hero's or Equipment plus I've turned down most commendation point offers thus far. save me a bunch of time and BOREDOM. as for experience gained. I'm playing with Battle Academy.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”