Significant Increase in Game Freezing

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
BoothyBaby
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Significant Increase in Game Freezing

Post by BoothyBaby »

Hello Slitherine/Black Labs

I’ve had a bit of a break from battlesector in the last few months but have got back into things since the Tau release. Since getting back into it I’ve been experiencing a significant increase in the number of multiplayer games that freeze.

These freezes are most common during the replay of my opponents turns, but I’ve had a few mid-turn or on upload. So far, once the game freezes it does not start working again. The first couple of times I left it for 10 mins to see if it would sort its self out, since then I typically just leave it for a Minuit before closing the program and restarting.

Since I haven’t been playing much in the last couple of months I’m not sure exactly when this started, but the difference between then and now is pretty frustrating.

For reference I’m playing on a Lenovo Legion Go (Z1 extreme version) with no hardware modifications. AMD drivers, legion space, and windows 10 are all on the most recent versions.

Not sure if there’s much to be done about it, but the problem is reported.
Bartleby_B
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Significant Increase in Game Freezing

Post by Bartleby_B »

The exact same thing has been happening to me! Today my game froze up and eventually crashed during my turn - everything freezes, I click around the screen but it turns hazy and a window pops up titled"battlesector.exe" that says that it's not responding. It eventually crashes out of there.

And last week I was playing a live game with someone and my game crashed during their turn..ugh.

I was getting these somewhat regularly several months ago; I suspected that it was related to my video graphics card so I reduced the video settings a bit and everything was running fairly smoothly again. But last week it started acting up again...I'm not sure if it's related to the new Tau release, but the timing does somewhat line up.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 16GB RAM. Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660.

The latest thing I've done is reduce my graphics settings in the game yet again; hopefully that mitigates these crashes...

Oh, and I got a stern email saying that I've consistently download my turns, which really sucks...
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Significant Increase in Game Freezing

Post by Shards »

HI,

Are these during Live or Async? I'm guessing Async?

Are you using Steam version?

Next time you get a crash, would you be able to email support and send them your player.log file?

Thanks

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”