Troubles, maybe bugs in MP game.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Alex351
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Troubles, maybe bugs in MP game.

Post by Alex351 »

Hello!
I playing in multiplayer game "IMMORTALS" Persia DLC for Syracusae. I have encountered the following problems:

1) I haven't been getting it for a long time Objectives. When you get Objectives peacefully (through trade), new Objectives are not given, I do not know if this is intended or not. I have the same problem in another MP game "Only lvl 1 Tribal Hordes" for Picts et Caledonii.
2) I am in the top tier of the CDR table, but for ~20 turns I can't get any tokens. My neighbor Carthage for that time change full age. I'm afraid it has something to do with the first point.
3) During the siege of my region Massalia where the population is 80% hellenic, my medium garrison units were Italians foot, why not citizen hoplites?
Mevelios
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Troubles, maybe bugs in MP game.

Post by Mevelios »

Alex351 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:35 pm1) I haven't been getting it for a long time Objectives.
That's normal, all nations have an initial definite set of objectives, their numbers varying (Emporia has 12, Tanais has 6, and so on). Extra objectives can only be acquired through abysmal relations with immediate neighbours, usually being set on their capital.

Alex351 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:35 pm2) I am in the top tier of the CDR table, but for ~20 turns I can't get any tokens.
I definitely get you for this one, I also run in such situations. Honestly couldn't pinpoint whatever reason there were for it. Of course there's still the absurdly low statistical probability this happens, but maybe I missed something in the game rules. Anyway it often happens to me as well, but that's when I set my eyes on neighbours if I can afford it to force token gains.

Alex351 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:35 pm3) During the siege of my region Massalia where the population is 80% hellenic, my medium garrison units were Italians foot, why not citizen hoplites?
Your garrisons are drafted primarily according to your nation, not local population. With Byzantion I'd get Thracian infantry occasionally when besieged in the eastern steppes (Alania/Albania/Rhymma provinces). Syracuse is a mix of italic people (the locals) and hellenes (the colonies); its profile in drafting garrisons is probably set to reflect it. Don't take my word as guaranteed though, I'm not knowledgeable enough to say it for sure, that's only the feeling I get from experience ingame!
Do not fear decadence. Embrace it.
Alex351
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex351 »

Thank you for wanting to help, Mevelios. But I'm not new to this game and I think only Pocus can help me here or at least explain.

1) I already had problems with objectives, but then I didn't understand their source. https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108231
Now I understand that this happens when you don't conquer your objectives and exchange them with an ally or outbid from a client-state, you don't get a new objective in return.

2) So much time has passed that I had to get 5 tokens with a 20% chance, written that I should get a token with a 40% chance and turn by turn I get nothing. I've played quite a few games, but I've never seen anything like this. My leader has the ability of a bad administrator (I can't wait for him to die already) can it be related to this.

3) I have played for many Hellenic nations (though not in the Persia DLC), but I have never seen provincial units and even from another province when defending the region. At the first level of government, my medium infantry defensive unit was raw hoplites and I was really hoping for citizen hoplites. If the Italian foots is not a mistake, then it will be very sad for Syracusae.
Alex351
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex351 »

I cried a lot, the problems of p.2, 3 seem to have been solved, it was necessary to write for a long time ago :D . Only the objectives are left.
Mevelios

Post by Mevelios »

Isn't it due to relations? In the post you linked, I can see several client states; even hardcoded objectives won't trigger as long as your relations are above 50. I don't know Sarmatia's objectives, but playing Emporia I wouldn't get Massilia if I still were friendly towards them.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Bad relationships are a necessity to get dynamic objectives. Time to insult people!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Alex351
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex351 »

Thanks, everyone.
Yes, it looks like you're right. I'm in good relations with almost everyone. I insult someone all the time, but it only makes me even more friends :) . In my opinion, insult is a very strong mechanic of getting a relationship for free and must be nerfed.
Mevelios

Post by Mevelios »

Alex351 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:15 pmIn my opinion, insult is a very strong mechanic of getting a relationship for free and must be nerfed.
It is; befriending the top dogs is easy as they're always at war. You get 5 points with any nation at war with the target of your insult, and lose as many with your target's allies (as in alliance, cooperation does not cause relation loss). It's free, unlike gifts and makes for a world of difference at the start of a game once you learn that trick!

While we're on the topic of objectives (especially dynamic ones), two questions I had to ascertain my experience:

1) Being neighbours is NOT an actual prerequisite (unlike what the game manual states IIRC) to have a dynamic objective set, right?

2) Dynamic objectives have good chances every turn at being set onto a capital region or a world wonder location, but are the chances abysmal on any other region or am I missing an extra condition (maybe population)?
Alex351
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex351 »

I finally got the 3rd level of government. And again the Italian foots are in defense in France. That's how it should be? For what?
Attachments
Screen_00000000.jpg
Screen_00000000.jpg (846.03 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”