Next DLC pool

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Next DLC pool

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Hi all, I would like to run a poll on what the community would prefer to see as DLC in the near future:
- AO West, from 1940 to 1945, with the axis engaged first in Africa, then in Italy and finally in Western Europe;
-Pacific Allied
-Pacific Japan
- Allied west, i.e. the series playable on the side of France, UK and the USA as well as the other allies starting from Poland (with Polish core units which would then remain as bonus units with the allies) in 1939 until 1945;
- Soviet campaign from the Winter War against Finland to Berlin 1945;
-other...
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Next DLC pool

Post by adiekmann »

1. I would most like to see the US Pacific campaign because it offers an entirely new experience in a new theater of war.

2. North African campaign (German) as it has long been one of my favorite theaters of WW2. I would be most interested in a semi-ahistorical continuation in Italy after the Axis are expelled from N. Africa. So it would be a NA + Italy grand campaign. The rest of AO West would be entirely separate DLC.

3. Grand GB campaign starting in 1940 France. I did not like how it switched between British and US during the course of the campaign in PC1. Keep it all one side/nation. Other Allied nations can be auxiliary of course, but I did not like how the British campaign was in PC1. One exception though: other British Commonwealth units should be available in your core (Australian, NZ, Indian, etc.) even if their stats are identical. It is a flavor thing.

4. Soviet Campaign. This would normally be much higher, but a bit of Eastern Front saturation after the AO series drives this temporarily down the list.

Finally, smaller and more focused campaigns/DLCs that focus on a particular unit/division like a Fallschirmjäger specific DLC, or Großdeutschland historical DLC. Probably wouldn't be as long and smaller maps as it would focus on their role in the battle, not the entire battle itself. However, I know this is rather wishful thinking and would most likely only see realization by the mod community.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Althought 1945 was quit disappointing and very strange in some ways I would like to see 1946 ahistoric. 3-4 missions to invade england and 6-8 missions to fight vs the USA with the help of the japanese navy.

Afrika Corps is sucked off after so many games, mods and DLCs. The whole western part doesnt have enough potential, for a long DLC. You would have to rush through the years with only a few maps.

Allied campaigns cant really work very well, the gameplay is just no designed for that. I dont see a way how you could build a core force from 1939 to 1941 and from 1943 to 1945 the game would be very strange, if you outnumber the enemy all the time.
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

Hi, the most amazing would be for me Pacific Japan or North Africa Germany or if it is possible Italian North Africa or even Africa, of course ahistorical 😁
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

ahistoric the usual stuff like invading britain or usa

buuuuuuut there were many more countries involved in the allied forces:
australia, new zealand, south africa, brasil, china, canada and more

there might be some intersting battles to spice that up ;)

-----------------

on the historic path ofc aowest or afrikacorps

on the allied side i would luv to see a sovietcorps, pls with ahistoric route aswell
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

I am for the Pacific, would like to see how's the naval battle rework doing first. Besides, we would welcome a whole new faction with it, the Japanese.

As for AO West, no I don't think there is much to do, all meaningful you can get is the one year after D-day, there simply isn't much ground operations before that unless you want to make a bunch of DLCs full of air-only scenarios, and even that you can't fill each year up with half the content we get in AO East now.

Afrika Corps is a must, there is no reason one does not include that for a successor of Panzer Corps. Maybe we do can make it link up with AO West 44-45.

Allied Corps and Soviet Corps...well I guess it is still too early to talk about them.
Thunderhog
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Thunderhog »

I'm also for the Pacific. I've been so hyped since the news about it came out that I just want it to release already. Beyond that, I'd be most interested in an Allied Campaign akin to Axis Operations. Going from Either Poland or France (1940) all the way to operation unthinkable.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Thunderhog wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:02 am I'm also for the Pacific. I've been so hyped since the news about it came out that I just want it to release already. Beyond that, I'd be most interested in an Allied Campaign akin to Axis Operations. Going from Either Poland or France (1940) all the way to operation unthinkable.
I agree about Allied campaign. IMO if the developers can introduce a multi-core management system that allows the player to have units from UK, USA, Poland and France from 1939 to 1945 that would be great. I also hope that much space will be given to the Italian campaign which is often neglected or in any case abandoned since June 1944, losing the whole phase of breaking through the Gothic line...
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

My wish for DLC is simple one. Panzer Corps : People's General :)
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Current approach seems logical - fictional AO1946 East and Pacific Corps, first US then Japanese developed independently in parallel.

Once that is done, AO series can look at the Afrika Korps that moves into AO West in the end of 1942, both historical and fictional routes. The other part of the team that worked on the core game could look towards utilizing some of the new Afrika Korps assets to then start developing an Allied campaign for the Western Allies one for the British and one for the USA. Mixed core seems like an interesting idea for this, but I think I would prefer independent British and American paths instead with maybe some gift French and Polish units as bonuses?

The last part of the series seems to be the release of Soviet Corps and hopefully some campaigns for other, smaller nations. For example, I'd be interested in seeing Kerensky design an AO Italian Corps that splits into 2 separate DLC - early and late war, kind of a mini-Grand Campaign, but there are many different options here. If Order of Battle could release a whole campaign for the Finns, then I remain hopeful for Panzer Corps 2 as well.

After all of that is done, I'd see the editor being released with extra features, so fans can add their own DLC easier and in the meantime, Panzer Corps 2 engine would get reworked for a People's General style game to try the Korean War, Vietnam War and a few other more modern conflicts. Since that would require a huge database update and some grand stats and mechanics updates, I doubt it's going to be a quick or easy thing to pull off.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Bee1976 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:59 am
buuuuuuut there were many more countries involved in the allied forces:
australia, new zealand, south africa, brasil, china, canada and more
Yes! In my post I only gave 2 German examples, but this is also what I meant! Mini-campaigns that are much more focused and smaller in size (maps and number of units for example). But there is even more potential for this on the Allied side. I favor historical generally, so my mind goes there first and foremost.

But to throw out a few more specific examples, 9th Australian Division. It served all over the place including Africa and South Pacific. One of the Indian divisions or 2nd New Zealand Division too would be interesting. Or a GB commando (SAS) mini campaign.

I would also think they would be easier and faster to produce since they are much more limited in scope, map and core size, and units involved. Historical research into the specifics of their battles and their role in the operation would probably be the most time consuming.
BarbarianHunter
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BarbarianHunter »

I'd go with "sure things:"
-6+ DLC set from the Soviet perspective (this would allow fun w/ building of a proper core).
-Pacific DLC similar to the breadth seen in the base game then multiple DLC to expand on the theme.

The West seems limited in scope and potentially problematic relative to core swaps amongst theatres but sounds fun never-the-less.
smashtheaxis
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by smashtheaxis »

Operation Unthinkable GrandCampaign 1945 - 1946, playing the Western Allies.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:29 pm Image
Beautyfull screenshot Kerensky, but… I can’t understend the hidden meaning. Because there’s a hidden meaning, right?!?
Thunderhog

Post by Thunderhog »

Must look for clues
Attachments
Obama Magnify.jpg
Obama Magnify.jpg (98.79 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:51 pm Beautyfull screenshot Kerensky, but… I can’t understend the hidden meaning. Because there’s a hidden meaning, right?!?
BraveMustang
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by BraveMustang »

Took me a second!….or should I say hours :P
Thunderhog

Post by Thunderhog »

BraveMustang wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:23 pm Took me a second!….or should I say hours :P
That's just too perfect
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:51 pm
Beautyfull screenshot Kerensky, but… I can’t understend the hidden meaning. Because there’s a hidden meaning, right?!?
"Kerensky"... is just having "Fun"... by trying to "Bend-Your-Minds"... or to put you into a state of being "Non-Plussed"... or "Total Confusion".

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”