Letters to Slitherine

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MarcoT.
Slitherine
Slitherine

Letters to Slitherine

Post by MarcoT. »

Our relationship with our community is one of our most important priorities, and we keep doing everything we can to make it stronger. 

That is why we have thought of a way to answer all your questions, even those that may remain unanswered during Tea Time, so that we can be closer to you. 

Starting today you can write to: letterstoslitherine@slitherine.co.uk and ask all the questions you have, not only about our games but also about the "behind the scenes" of Slitherine and the Video Games Industry.

We will collect all your questions and a member of our team will reply to you directly on the website. 

So, be ready to write your letters to Slitherine, and keep an eye on our website to read the answers.
rmccrn2295
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Letters to Slitherine

Post by rmccrn2295 »

Help Help I am still having trouble getting to the games of choice, I tried to get to Allies Victorious and it goes to a black screen and doesn't load I have to Control Alt Delete I can't figure out why. I was hoping someone could help me. What would be the reasons why i can't load these games. I have asked before but nothing helps....... Do I need a serial # for the Main Menu? I am getting more and more frustrated and I want to play Thanks
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

What should or could i say, or maybe i shouldn't say?... but!!!... i will say anywayyyyy!!!!:

PzC1 and PzC2 are very-good as they are!. However!... i'm looking for something much more intriguing... that i know that at this time you will not be able to deliver!... but maybe in the future sometime... that such delivery might be possible.

What i am searching for... is a Game that is independent of preconceived and forgone engagements- conclusions and outcomes!. Now!... to make this a "Simpler-Explanation".... what i would like to see in an "Alternative-Historical-Game"... is where all of the parameters of the current participants of that time-line are programmed into the Game... such as for example... Hitlers driving voracious need for reconciliation of "Saving Face" from the defeat faced in WW1. As well as his driving insatiable desire for the creation and establishment of a... "Greater-Germany"... no-matter what the cost or sacrifice.

At the same time the dispositions and pre-dispositions of the rest of the other relevant world powers would have their makeups included in this Game. Then!...depending on how events unfold or as to what happens, these participating countries could ... depending on the changing events and situations.., change sides or change their allegiances or their stances or what-ever during the progression of the Game.

Then!... as a for instance... at that point... the player would have to seriously consider how to garner the resources needed in order to effect his ambitious plans. Remember!... for instance... if fuel-supplies are lacking or in short supply... then the "Tanks Don't Roll"... if Steel/Iron supplies are in short supply... then you cant build Ships-Tanks-Artillery or much of anything else... in addition other materials such as access to "Aluminum" would be critically important as well as would be other such strategic necessities. You would need to plan for the acquisition of these items/resources to make your plan work.

Finally!... "YOU... as the PLAYER" would then decide how to prosecute your efforts to seek a final outcome or solution to what-ever harken's your desires to accomplish.
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

All I want from Slitherine is that they finally get their act together and improve the forum's access time. Quite often the forum is excruciatingly slow to respond and sometimes even throws a "bad gateway" or other such like errors, which is infuriating.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
ulysisgrunt
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by ulysisgrunt »

Can you please re-do Pike and Shot ?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

How to write to Slitherine exactly ?

Obviously the people who post here didn’t understand the principle of "sending a letter".
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

terminator wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:13 am How to write to Slitherine exactly ?

Obviously the people who post here didn’t understand the principle of "sending a letter".
and i thought it was just me :roll: :wink:
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

zakblood wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:26 am and i thought it was just me :roll: :wink:
If you don't fancy any replies, why don't you have this thread locked in the first place then? Sheesh... :roll:
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

zakblood wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:26 am
terminator wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:13 am How to write to Slitherine exactly ?

and i thought it was just me :roll: :wink:
"Criticism is the absolute necessity requirement" for the final tuning and further upscaled enhanced improvements of and for "flawed" or "Corrupted-Incorrect" Information's,

But!... at the same time what more than that is necessitated... is an informed-detailed information-package which will included the required changes or provisions for corrections and improvements for the "so-said-inconsistencies". So-Then!... try to be "Polite"... yet at the same time... be useful in your submitted commentaries!.
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bondjamesbond »

Enter a spoiler so that you can hide your paintings and photos under it !
[spoiler][/spoiler]
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Kamerade2017

Post by Kamerade2017 »

Two Accounts?
I purchased most of my games from Matrix Games and my list of games there is correct. I have two games I apparently bought direct from the Slitherine site. I ended up with two separate accounts with the same email (thecaptain198912 @yahoo.com) Two games are on Slihterine (user name Kanerad2017) and the rest are on Matrix games (user name Rudedog). How do I combine all the games on one account?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I tried to send a letter saying that I’d like to see more of the young lady presenter replacing Tea Time (sorry but I forgot her name).
The world of wargamers is still a bit too masculine.
CronusMaximus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by CronusMaximus »

I downloaded and loaded the most recent update v1.03.56.zip 27 July and when I try to get in the multiplayer to play my 1st round of the tournament. I am getting the following message…”Client version1.3.55 is out of date. Please update your game to connect to multi player”.
I did a little research about a 1.3.55 patch that exists… but I can not find it anywhere to download… if this is the problem. I am unable to do anything to get in the tournament I signed up for. And the games “check for Updates” button indicates I have the most recent version of the game…
Since the last request for support help I have purchased and loaded the Orc DLC and have tried to reload 1.03.56…again trying to gain access to the ongoing 1st round of the post Orc tournament… and neither action help.
I have also sent a message to what I believe is the tournament administrator on the games Forum without any response to date. I very much would like to participate in the tournament and it is not letting me gain access… with the above game message being sent for the reason why.
This is now maybe my 6th attempt to gain some help or guidance on this subject...trying a different approach with the Letters to Slitherine. FYI... I could not get your link to come up.

anybody...HELP!
CronusMaximus

Post by CronusMaximus »

I am sorry this request for help is on the Warhammer 40k Battle sector game... specifically with reagrd to the preswently active (2nd round) of the Post Orc Tournament.
I downloaded and loaded the most recent update v1.03.56.zip 27 July and when I try to get in the multiplayer to play my 1st round of the tournament. I am getting the following message…”Client version1.3.55 is out of date. Please update your game to connect to multi player”.
I did a little research about a 1.3.55 patch that exists… but I can not find it anywhere to download… if this is the problem. I am unable to do anything to get in the tournament I signed up for. And the games “check for Updates” button indicates I have the most recent version of the game…
Since the last request for support help I have purchased and loaded the Orc DLC and have tried to reload 1.03.56…again trying to gain access to the ongoing 1st round of the post Orc tournament… and neither action help.
I have also sent a message to what I believe is the tournament administrator on the games Forum without any response to date. I very much would like to participate in the tournament and it is not letting me gain access… with the above game message being sent for the reason why.
This is now maybe my 6th attempt to gain some help or guidance on this subject...trying a different approach with the Letters to Slitherine. FYI... I could not get your link to come up.

anybody...HELP!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

support can be contacted on the link provided or post a tech post in the game which you require help on, either way good luck

support@slitherine.co.uk
CronusMaximus

Post by CronusMaximus »

Thanks for your reply,...

but I have sent almost 6 different emails saying the same thing to Slitherine... and have been trying various categories on the Forums... I have responded via the game's categories on the forums as well... not a word from anyone in Slitherine.

Not sure what a tech post is... but if it is going through the games posts like on a category of a patch for the game as example than I have already tried that.

Any other suggestions ... such as maybe where can I find the patch mentioned to possibly try a download would be much appreciated.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You need to contact us using a proper email address. You've been contacting support using a generic non valid email address.
Finally you've sent us an email with an email address that we can reply without having a bounce back.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ulysisgrunt wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:31 pm Can you please re-do Pike and Shot ?
Are there any long term plans to extend the FOG2 to later periods? There are a lot of us who would loyally support DLC's beyond early Renaissance.
mrswing

Post by mrswing »

Will there EVER be either DLC for PC2 allowing us to play an entire allied campaign, or new versions of Allied General and the like? I haven't bought the game yet, after all this time, because I refuse to play Nazis, and only being able to play allied forces in one-shot scenario's doesn't really scratch that itch. There must be thousands of players who would love to play the game from the other side, or who would welcome an updated sequel to Allied General and Pacific General...
fractious_celt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fractious_celt »

ulysisgrunt wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:31 pm Can you please re-do Pike and Shot ?
I think RBS has already said no to that one, unfortunately.

Return to “News & Announcements”