Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

fractious_celt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Letters to Slitherine

Post by fractious_celt »

GDod wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:16 am
ulysisgrunt wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:31 pm Can you please re-do Pike and Shot ?
Are there any long term plans to extend the FOG2 to later periods? There are a lot of us who would loyally support DLC's beyond early Renaissance.
I thought that FOGII just met its Waterloo with "Eagles?" I hope not as it is by far my fave game, especially when paired with "Empires."
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

There are plans afoot for another game, not FoG 2, but the next iteration.
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by Dux Limitis »

Give more budgets to the Byzantine studio.
fractious_celt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fractious_celt »

It may be more about unit sales...i.e. profit.
Last edited by fractious_celt on Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shekerd
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Shekerd »

Why don't you send purchase invoices? They only send an email with a serial number.
Asterix_von_TWC
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Asterix_von_TWC »

ulysisgrunt wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:31 pm Can you please re-do Pike and Shot ?
Are there any long term plans to extend the FOG2 to later periods? There are a lot of us who would loyally support DLC's beyond early Renaissance.
I dream of this, and many people I speak to agree we harrass Marco during Tea Time about Napoleonic and Renaissance FoG but honestly we would love to see it.
jmasseysr7

Re: Letters to Slitherine... Order of Battle ps4 game stuck on deployment mode

Post by jmasseysr7 »

Order of Battle ps4 game stuck on deployment mode
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by GDod »

Maybe add a Meso-American DLC? I miss my 25mm Aztecs!
trex1983
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by trex1983 »

Asterix_von_TWC wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:24 pm
I dream of this, and many people I speak to agree we harrass Marco during Tea Time about Napoleonic and Renaissance FoG but honestly we would love to see it.
I understand this is an old post, but with FOG:K and FOG:M sales at the moment, I forsee that if we get good sales, that it could fund such future projects (as well as some more patches and fixes for FOG:K, maybe a DLC if sales are really good).

As for future work, I would forsee an FOG:Renaissance that is campaign based, like FOG:Kingdom and FOG:Empires, and have the FOG:Napoleonic (or whatever catchy name).
If its a huge world map, or just Europe and Asia Minor with parts of Northern Africa, that I cant tell what size of world map the engine could handle. Its quite fast for FOG:Kingdom, tons of nations/factions have been added and still essentially the same Turn time as FOG:Empire in its current state.

My 5 cents.
Surt
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by Surt »

trex1983 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:26 pm
Asterix_von_TWC wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:24 pm

I understand this is an old post, but with FOG:K and FOG:M sales at the moment, I forsee that if we get good sales, that it could fund such future projects (as well as some more patches and fixes for FOG:K, maybe a DLC if sales are really good).

As for future work, I would forsee an FOG:Renaissance that is campaign based, like FOG:Kingdom and FOG:Empires, and have the FOG:Napoleonic (or whatever catchy name).
If its a huge world map, or just Europe and Asia Minor with parts of Northern Africa, that I cant tell what size of world map the engine could handle. Its quite fast for FOG:Kingdom, tons of nations/factions have been added and still essentially the same Turn time as FOG:Empire in its current state.

My 5 cents.
You are marching in the wrong direction we should of course get FOG: Age of Heroes, with mythical monsters as impediments!!!
There are 10 kind of hard problems in computer science, naming, cache invalidations and off-by-one errors.
There are also 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who do not.
TurulMurul
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by TurulMurul »

The Panzer Corps Gold Edition with the graphic engine of panzer corps 2 would be amazing. That game was amazing in terms of campaigns. The next Panzer Corps Game could be the revamped Panzer Corps Gold Edition.
TurulMurul

Post by TurulMurul »

I'll write it here too. But I've already emailed Slitherine, I hope something comes of it.
Hi Slitherine. I think so two more scenarios would be nice to add to the Grand campaign. One could be British India(Alternative scenario) the other could be Seelow Heights(Historical scenario) I miss these two scenarios from the Grand Campaign. After the Caucasus campaign, British India can come. Seelow Heights could come after the Balaton campaign. The great campaign would be complete with these two scenarios.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

TurulMurul wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:28 pm The Panzer Corps Gold Edition with the graphic engine of panzer corps 2 would be amazing. That game was amazing in terms of campaigns. The next Panzer Corps Game could be the revamped Panzer Corps Gold Edition.
A modder has already done so, I think
TurulMurul

Post by TurulMurul »

terminator wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:07 pm
TurulMurul wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:28 pm The Panzer Corps Gold Edition with the graphic engine of panzer corps 2 would be amazing. That game was amazing in terms of campaigns. The next Panzer Corps Game could be the revamped Panzer Corps Gold Edition.
A modder has already done so, I think
Ahh Ok. I'll have a look

Return to “News & Announcements”