Suggestions, Feedback, Requests

randomgladiusfan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Suggestions, Feedback, Requests

Post by randomgladiusfan »

I would like to some offer some ideas for possible future content.

Necron Lychguards with hyperphase swords and dispersion shields - Late game tier 7, 8, or 9 elite infantry unit. Praetorians are strong but they have trouble surviving as a frontline unit. Lychguards with shields and swords could function as the damage sponge, allowing Praetorians to use their jump packs more often to flank, outmaneuver, and eliminate vulnerable enemy units. Lychguard also function as a Necron Lord's bodyguard, so the Lord's ability could possibly change to summon them instead. This may affect current balance, but it is also more thematic than summoning Triarch Preatorians. I also play Necrons in tabletop and sword and shield Lychguard are my favorite unit.

Grey Knights - If they can't be added as a full faction, maybe they could be included as a unit the Space Marines deploy like in Dawn of War. Alternatively, maybe they could be an event like the Lord of Skulls where an army of Grey Knights would spawn on the map and be hostile to everyone, seeking to wipe out all the corruption on Gladius.

Chaos Terminators - I think the faction could benefit from having another late game unit. They're even in the opening cinematic for the Chaos Space Marines campaign. This unit is also another personal favorite of mine.

Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle factions - The Dark Eldar may need additional webway mechanics and features to not break the Eldar balance or they could even use their own separate webway.

Daemons of Chaos faction - Their cities could be warp breaches expanding into realspace. Each new breach/city could be specifically devoted to one of the Chaos Gods to provide special bonuses, or maybe even access to unique buildings or units that can only be built there.

Other units I would be happy to see eventually make their way into the game that I also think can fill roles in their respective armies.

astra militarum: catachan jungle fighters, heavy weapon mortar team, command squad (support unit with healer), manticore/deathstrike
space marines: grey knight terminators, deathwatch,
eldar: dark reapers, warp spiders, harlequins, wraithlords
orks: kommandos, stormboyz
tau: kroot carnivores, great knarloc
tyranids: genestealers
admech: armiger warglaives

A lot of these units taken as a whole could even be an "Infantry" unit pack of DLC. Yes armiger warglaives aren't really infantry, but Admech's army roster is relatively small and the developers did a great job already pretty much covering everything else they have. They could fill a niche spot as a mid-game/late game melee unit that can help hold the line.

Thank you very much developers for all the hard work you've put into this awesome game and for your precious time in reading this.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Suggestions”