PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Jimbonsx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

North Africa control change

Post by Jimbonsx »

Afternoon all.
I'm playing the Allies in a PBEM in which my opponent declined the French armistice and went on to capture almost all of French North Africa (Marrakech was the last town he captured).
USA enters the war and sends forces to Agadir, starts to roll back the Axis. The advance carries the US to Casablanca and just beyond it.
I end my turn, so far so normal.
Next game turn I find that more FF forces have landed at Agadir and Cairo, as per the calendar event, but control of French North Africa has now been passed to the Allies. At this point I'm barely in Morocco, definitely nothing in Algeria or Tunisia yet I now control it all. When I pointed this out to my opponent he was understandably unhappy.
Now, because I have ownership of the theatre, all of the hexes that have Axis occupants show some anomalies.
The hexes they occupied show as Allied ownership yet they still have supply (level 3 in most cases).
In addition, when I flew in a UK FTR to Sfax, the next turn I was unable to use it to target the Axis units in Tunis or Mareth, yet it could target Zuwarah and Tripoli. See map below, taken on turn 65.
Turn 65.png
Turn 65.png (184.4 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
I'm sure this isn't a normal situation - has anyone seen this before, is there an innocent explanation or is this something to fix?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: North Africa control change

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Send me the turn from before the French reinforcements arrived. When did you get the message about Torch starting? Was it when you landed US units in Morocco or when the French reinforcements arrived? Did you get any French reinforcements when you invaded Morocco?

These reinforcements are meant to come from Senegal and one unit sent to Egypt to help the British. These show up when Torch starts or at a fixed date if Torch didn't start by then.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I sent you a fix file. Did you get it and does it work for you?
Jimbonsx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Jimbonsx »

Stauffenberg
I don't know if you got my pm reply last year but the fix didn't work.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I got no PM from you. I tried the fix and it worked for me, but you have to backtrack to a save file from before the event happened. It won't fix a problem that already occured because of the bug. The fix will prevent the bug from happening.

The goal is to ensure it won't happen again. I haven't distributed the fix to anyone pending feedback so hope to get confirmation that it does work.
Jimbonsx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Jimbonsx »

Sorry about that, I sent it in July. I think perhaps I didn't backtrack far enough to find out. I've 2 or 3 games going on right now so I'll be able to let you know one way or the other. Thanks for the effort you've put in on it.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”