Zbrozlo's mods & campaigns

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Zbrozlo's mods & campaigns

Post by Zbrozlo »

Hello everyone. I wanted to present the tree of a large campaign for the "Poland 1939" mod. This will be an enhanced and expanded version 1.2. Players will be able to play through the September campaign as a part of the armies: Modlin, Pomorze, Łódź, Kraków, as well as a standalone scenario depicting operations on the Baltic coast.

pupski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by pupski »

Nice tree, I love it!
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Agree, the three looks like a deluxe version of the old PzCorps threes.
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

Thank you, gentlemen, I'm glad you like the tree. I have only one more scenario to make and assembling everything into a smoothly running campaign. Some campaign paths will be optional choise, most will result from the outcome achieved in the scenario. One of the paths inevitably leads to failure, despite our efforts (actually, all end in a lost campaign, but let's say there were partial tactical successes, with a strategic defeat). What pleases me most, though, is that I've managed to solve the issue of long AI turn breaks in 95% of cases, and the scenarios run smoothly without freezing. It's been quite a struggle to get here.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Nice presentation :)

Are there any scenarios about the Soviet invasion of Poland in 1939 (German-Soviet Pact) ?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-013-0068-18A,_Polen,_Treffen_deutscher_und_sowjetischer_Soldaten.jpg
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-013-0068-18A,_Polen,_Treffen_deutscher_und_sowjetischer_Soldaten.jpg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 631 times
German soldiers meeting the armored cars of the Soviet vanguard near Lublin, September 22, 1939.
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

Hypothetical scenarios: Lwów, Rawa Ruska, Stanisławów, and the fictional Drohobycz.

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Zbrozlo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:07 am Hypothetical scenarios: Lwów, Rawa Ruska, Stanisławów, and the fictional Drohobycz.
Awesome :D

If it’s a mod, are there any Slovak troops ?

Capture d'écran 2024-02-15 093113.png
Capture d'écran 2024-02-15 093113.png (21.41 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

Unfortunately, there are no Slovaks. But there is a scenario of a hypothetical clash with the Czechoslovak army in the autumn of 1938.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Are these new Polish units?

Capture d'écran 2024-02-17 143336.png
Capture d'écran 2024-02-17 143336.png (160.91 KiB) Viewed 572 times
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

The National Defense Battalion. These were territorial units, mainly formed in industrial centers of the country, alongside military units. Their combat value varied. Typically, these units did not possess heavy weaponry. An exception were the Silesian battalions, from which the 55th Reserve Infantry Division was formed.
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

In the mod,I added several units that do not appear in the original campaigns. There would be more of them, but I don't have 3D models for them, nor can I create them. You can see most of units in the screenshots. A few of them are German. Scout cavalry, Henschel bomber, Pzkpfw 35(t):
ImageImage

Polish units:
ImageImageImageImageImage
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bondjamesbond »

Zbrozlo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:47 am In the mod,I added several units that do not appear in the original campaigns. There would be more of them, but I don't have 3D models for them, nor can I create them. You can see most of units in the screenshots. A few of them are German. Scout cavalry, Henschel bomber, Pzkpfw 35(t):
ImageImage

Polish units:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Very well, I hope there will be a lot of tasks)
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

I've added a specialization for the Polish infantry: bayonet charge. Admittedly, it's just an adapted 'banzai charge', but it reflects the fighting style of the Polish infantry in 1939, which aimed to close in during attacks. It's an outdated tactic from the Great War era, but it captures the nature of operations in 1939. Sometimes it yields very good results if the enemy is greatly weakened, but other times it causes significant losses among the attackers.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

Zbrozlo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:11 pm I've added a specialization for the Polish infantry: bayonet charge. Admittedly, it's just an adapted 'banzai charge', but it reflects the fighting style of the Polish infantry in 1939, which aimed to close in during attacks. It's an outdated tactic from the Great War era, but it captures the nature of operations in 1939. Sometimes it yields very good results if the enemy is greatly weakened, but other times it causes significant losses among the attackers.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Will there be Polish cavalry? )
https://vk.com/panzers3?w=wall-136043545_523
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

Cavalry has always existed, but cavalry charges will not. There's no sensible animation for such a skill. Moreover, the few charges that occurred in September 1939 were due to quite specific conditions. According to regulations, cavalry fought dismounted.
Image Image
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Cavalry charges and propaganda

Apart from countless battles and skirmishes in which the Polish cavalry units fought dismounted, there were 16 confirmed cavalry charges during the 1939 war. Contrary to common belief, most of them were successful.
The first and perhaps best known cavalry charge happened on 1 September 1939, during the Battle of Krojanty. During this action, elements of the 18th Pomeranian Uhlan Regiment met a large group of German infantry resting in the woods near the village of Krojanty. Colonel Mastalerz decided to take the enemy by surprise and immediately ordered a cavalry charge, a tactic the Polish cavalry rarely used as their main weapon. The charge was successful and the German infantry unit was dispersed.

The same day, German war correspondents were brought to the battlefield together with two journalists from Italy. They were shown the battlefield, the corpses of Polish cavalrymen and their horses, alongside German tanks that had arrived at the field of battle only after the engagement. One of the Italian correspondents sent home an article, in which he described the bravery and heroism of Polish soldiers, who charged German tanks with their sabres and lances. Other possible source of the myth is a quote from Heinz Guderian's memoirs, in which he asserted that the Pomeranian Brigade had charged on German tanks with swords and lances. Although such a charge did not happen and there were no tanks used during the combat, the myth was disseminated by German propaganda during the war with a staged Polish cavalry charge shown in their 1941 reel called "Geschwader Lützow".
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

Zbrozlo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:05 am Cavalry has always existed, but cavalry charges will not. There's no sensible animation for such a skill. Moreover, the few charges that occurred in September 1939 were due to quite specific conditions. According to regulations, cavalry fought dismounted.
Image Image
That General Guderian was a great fantasist )) He always had someone to blame )))) But he made up a great fake.)
https://provereno.media/blog/2022/08/07 ... kie-tanki/

http://www.wio.ru/polska/artill/poland.htm

The facts, already known to the reader of this article, expose the falsity of this quote, which turned 3 incomplete Polish squadrons into a whole brigade, German armoured cars into tanks, and 26 killed and 50 wounded lancers into "monstrous losses". Such slander was repeatedly refuted on the battlefield by the manoeuvrable, well-trained cavalry of the 2nd Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, which had excellent personnel. In the tragic days of September 1939, it stood up to a strong enemy with dignity and often defeated him, fighting both on foot and in mounted formation, in defence and offence
https://foto-history.livejournal.com/11477291.html

https://openpanzer.itch.io/panzermarshal
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

Does anyone know who the hell 'ALEX' is? I'm referring to that effect when instead of the name of the battle on the map, there's:

After clicking on 'ALEX' again, it disappears :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I couldn’t find ALEX in the official campaigns :?
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

Nor do I. It seems to me that adding multiple scenarios to one branch creates such a phenomenon...

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”