Valois Habsburg Wars Rd 4 1530

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

GentlemanRanker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Valois Habsburg Wars Rd 4 1530

Post by GentlemanRanker »

GentlemanRanker’s Spanish All-stars have successfully invaded the patrie of PeterThePainter’s French winning by 52 to 5.

Learning from his previous mistakes [and the Snugglebunies’ vs awesome4 videos exploring this matchup], the Spanish general maxed on colunelas (12), and was thereby able to mop up the French supporting troops while mostly avoiding the fatal embrace of the Swiss kiels. GG Peter!
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

awesum4 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:00 pm SpeedyCM using Austrian 1520-1533 to capture Germany from AHuyton using Danish 1523-1544
My Austrians have managed to snatch victory from the jaws of inevitable defeat 62-55, going in to what happened to be the final turn I was trailing 53-55 with the tactical situation looking dire with my pike blocks ravaged by French arquebusiers situated in a good sized square of rough ground in the middle of the map and the French cavalry finally free of my mostly routed cavalry and massing in my pikes rear readying their final glorious charge to victory.
With one final throw of the dice (and what magical dice they were) I had one of my pike blocks charge the final French pike block that was situated on a slight rise, with an 8% win chance the magic of the dice shone through giving me victory in the charge and then they displayed more magic to double drop the French pikes to fragmented from which they then broke and routed in the subsequent melee round ending the battle.
lascar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by lascar »

After a very hard fought battle against the French who had many Swiss Keils, the army of Spain successfully defended Savoy from the French invaders 60/52.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

The Habsburg invaders are;
KiwiWarlord using Spanish-Imperial 1503-1533 to capture Venice from AlexdeTrojan using French 1526-1549

KiwiWarlord's Spanish Imperial (54%) just manage to win by a very small margin against Alex's French (61%)
Early on as my Spanish Colunela Keils were being routed after a couple of Melees and large holes were appearing in the Spanish line a message was sent to the French to start surrender negotiations but no reply, so the Spanish fought on and thanks to the Venetian's Lady Luck (the AI) resolving rallies and melees in favour of the Spanish when both sides were within the 60% margin, Venice was captured ! :lol:
Alex was most unfortunate imo.
Rd 4 V Alex.png
Rd 4 V Alex.png (698.45 KiB) Viewed 318 times
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:09 pm
The Habsburg invaders are;
KiwiWarlord using Spanish-Imperial 1503-1533 to capture Venice from AlexdeTrojan using French 1526-1549

KiwiWarlord's Spanish Imperial (54%) just manage to win by a very small margin against Alex's French (61%)
Early on as my Spanish Colunela Keils were being routed after a couple of Melees and large holes were appearing in the Spanish line a message was sent to the French to start surrender negotiations but no reply, so the Spanish fought on and thanks to the Venetian's Lady Luck (the AI) resolving rallies and melees in favour of the Spanish when both sides were within the 60% margin, Venice was captured ! :lol:
Alex was most unfortunate imo.Rd 4 V Alex.png[attachment=0]Rd 4 V Alex.png
Didn't mind losing this one a bit. It was nail biting the whole battle through. KiwiWarlord is an outstanding general and deserved his victory after a rough start. There is a special banquet in Venice to celebrate his victory, please enjoy the spiked punch...er...fruit punch. 😏
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

A complete reversal of fortune, with the Habsburgs going from owning just Savoy to holding all but Spain.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”