Sengoku Jidai - 2021 team event - The Emperor's Throne - Round 5

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Sengoku Jidai - 2021 team event - The Emperor's Throne - Round 5

Post by ahuyton »

Qing extend power to Mongolia, 1686-1700

The Ming have given way to the Northern barbarians and the Emperor is now Manchu. They seek to quell the rebellion of the Western Mongols in the far North. Defeat will bring anarchy back to China once more.

Qing 1636-1700* v Western Mongols 1650 - 1700, Steppe terrain, large armies, wide

Kiwiwarlord's team plays the Qing, Gdod's plays the Western Mongols.
Could the Qing please launch the games.

Match-ups

Kiwiwarlord v Pompeytheflatulent
Snugglebunnies v Dang
GentlemanRanker v Gdod
SMjohnso77 v carsomyr
AlexdeTrojan v ahuyton
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Sengoku Jidai - 2021 team event - The Emperor's Throne - Round 5

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks for the add!Challenge sent for ahuyton. password: alex
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

For dang, match is up, pw snuggles
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Middle Earth mod for FoG2M:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1029243#p1029243
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

On a wooded plain in North China, my Mongols won against Alex's Manchu, 41-10. With large woods on each flank and a narrow clear middle, I took maximum foot who advanced on the left while my cavalry advanced in the middle, which was occupied by Alex's medium foot. My Light horse tried to distract the enemy by attacking down the right (I am learning slowly from Snugglebunnies).

Alas for the Manchu, my foot's shooting was ferocious and my cavalry charges effective. His troops' morale shattered, unluckily suffering two fragments and a disrupt on the loss of one neighbouring unit. The Manchu cause was not helped by their forced flank march which took several cavalry out of the game.

A pleasant encounter, but probably more for me than for Alex.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

ahuyton wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 pm Mongols won against Manchu, 41-10.
Alas for the Manchu, shooting was ferocious and cavalry charges effective. His troops' morale shattered,
A pleasant encounter, but probably more for me than Alex.
I am being rolled by Pompey in a similar fashion. The Emperor's Throne is heading to Mongolia methinks
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Qing) defeats dang (Mongols) 57-24

An odd one where the Chinese had cavalry superiority and the Mongols fielded more infantry. Passing some cohesion checks inflicted by massed archery, the Qing cavalry charged home into contact and victory, while a lake and artillery fire delayed what could have been a dangerous flanking movement.

GG
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 am SnuggleBunnies (Qing) defeats dang (Mongols) 57-24
Well done SB !! The Emperor needs every win against those pesky Mongols. I have been flattened by Pompeytheflatulent & am now a smelly heap in the loo. :oops:
pompeytheflatulent
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by pompeytheflatulent »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 am
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 am SnuggleBunnies (Qing) defeats dang (Mongols) 57-24
Well done SB !! The Emperor needs every win against those pesky Mongols. I have been flattened by Pompeytheflatulent & am now a smelly heap in the loo. :oops:
Would you like to do the battle report? I have a feeling if I tried to write it it'll just devolved into me ragging on how bad the Qing list is and how much I hate it :lol: . Also, what is a "loo"? is that slang for a porcelain throne?
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

pompeytheflatulent wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:50 pm
KiwiWarlord wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 am
Would you like to do the battle report? I have a feeling if I tried to write it it'll just devolved into me ragging on how bad the Qing list is and how much I hate it :lol: . Also, what is a "loo"? is that slang for a porcelain throne?
Is the Qing list bad? Compared to what? Seems more cost efficient than a lot of Chinese lists, and it seems perfectly capable of standing toe to toe with Koreans. Maybe samurai would give it a hard time.

GentlemanRanker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GentlemanRanker »

Is it possible that the much respected pompeytheflatulent has underestimated the Qing army? Might it not be the case that the brightly coloured silk clothes, and strange tasselly hats, overawe the flea bitten barbarian hordes from the Steppes?

GentlemanRanker’s Qing 1636-1700 have defeated GDods’s Western Mongols 1650-1700, by 27 – 54.

The Qing took only the compulsory infantry, investing in two units of artillery, and as much additional superior cavalry as could be afforded. The Mongols fielded a balanced force of cavalry and infantry, ending up with a much stronger infantry contingent, and more cavalry units than the Qing, but those possibly of overall lower quality. The Qing infantry cowered in the rear, on rough ground, to guard the artillery. The Mongols advanced, also utilising the available patches of rough ground, with the cavalry closely supported by their infantry.

The Qing cavalry, seeing that it could not win an exchange of arrows with the Mongol cavalry when supported by superior dismounted archers, charged wildly at every available target – resulting in the Mongols evading left, right, and centre. The upshot was, the Mongol infantry advance to protect their cavalry from being flanked, forcing the reluctant Qing infantry to advance in their turn. The Mongol infantry seemed rather to underperform to the expectation of their general, proving vulnerable to Qing cavalry charges; whereas the Qing infantry, with their 16% spears and regimental guns, managed to bounce charges from Mongol infantry and cavalry alike. In ensuing chaos, with both armies thoroughly intermingled, the Qing had the ‘rub of the green’, with better flanking opportunities and lines of pursuit, leading to this somewhat unexpected victory.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

It seems that SMJohnso77 has won his game against new player Carsomyr, so the score is two wins to each side and everything now depends on the encounter between Kiwiwarlord and Pompey.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 am The Emperor needs every win against those pesky Mongols. I have been flattened by Pompeytheflatulent & am now a smelly heap in the loo. :oops:
Alan I lost against Pompeytheflatulent and posted the above quote a couple of weeks back.
Pompey being the Victor was to post the results but posted

" Would you like to do the battle report? I have a feeling if I tried to write it it'll just devolved into me ragging on how bad the Qing list is and how much I hate it :lol: . Also, what is a "loo"? is that slang for a porcelain throne?"

I made such a mess of the game and Pompey played so brilliantly that I could not write it up as I was being washed down the loo :oops: :roll:
From memory the score was something like 4 - 64 to the Mongols.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Thanks, Brian, so a close win to the Mongol team. We declare therefore Genghis Gavin Gdod as Emperor and his team as winner of this event.
GentlemanRanker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GentlemanRanker »

Eh? Wasn’t smjohnso77 fielding a Qing army?

That would make KiwiWarlord the rightful Emperor - if we can ever recover him from the Great Celestial U-bend to which he has perfidiously been banished by pompeytheflatulent.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

GentlemanRanker wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:44 pm Eh? Wasn’t smjohnso77 fielding a Qing army?

That would make KiwiWarlord the rightful Emperor - if we can ever recover him from the Great Celestial U-bend to which he has perfidiously been banished by pompeytheflatulent.
Recount and verdict of the Supreme Court

On appeal by the massed lawyers of Qing, the Sengoku Supreme Court rules in favour of Kiwiwarlord and hereby appoints him as Eternal Emperor. No appeals may be lodged.

Justice AH applauds the well reasoned argument of the Qing advocate GR and prays such an error will never recur... Alas, no compensation is payable to either party...
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

The Emperor sends an invitation to the Gentleman of the Ranks to join our celebrations on the Wall and receive The Great Banner of Justice.
The Lords Snugglebunnies,SMJohnso77 & AlexDetrojan are invited also and will be allocated Provinces for their personal governance as a big reward for their valiant & skilful Generalship shown over this Campaign.
Attachments
Qing Emperor(1).jpg
Qing Emperor(1).jpg (321.18 KiB) Viewed 1697 times

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”