Run on Linux?

Tech support for Conquest - requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

alexscarrow
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Run on Linux?

Post by alexscarrow »

First off, just wanted to say I loved SLAY and I'm still hoping someone will do a DS version one day.

Anyway, this games looks like something I'd love to have on my ultra-cheap netbook (Acer). But here's the thing....it's not likely to run on Linux, is it?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Alex,

welcome to the forum! Hope all is going well with the books :)

I'll leave the tech team to talk about Linux - I assume we it would not work but they'll know for sure.

Cheers

Iain
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

As far as i am aware there is no way to get a Managed DirectX app to run under linux - tere are ways to run windows programs on linux or to make them more cross-platform compatible (wine, mono, etc) but to my knowledge no-one has attempted to port managed directx.

I know that wine can in some cases make use of native windows dlls if you have access to a legal copy of windows - but sadly i only have very limited experience with it and have no idea how tot go about convincing it to run conquest.

If anyone who reads this has any experience in such matters then we would be very pleased to hear from you - i would love to be able to get this to run under linux.
alexscarrow

Post by alexscarrow »

Thanks for the prompt reply....I guess it was a big ask. Sort of tempted to download it anyway though. :-)

Hi Iain, good to be here. Been a while. I'm amazed at how Slitherine has come along in the last 4 yrs! Is it still you, JD, Pip and Richard?

Anyway....keep the faith, it looks like you guys are doing all the right things.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

There are a few more of us now, but they're all still here :)
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Re: Run on Linux?

Post by junk2drive »

Jekky, since Android is linux, it should be possible to make it work on a PC running a linux OS.

There is also an Android x86 OS designed for netbooks and laptops that it may work on.
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.

Return to “Conquest! : Tech Support”