Mongol Scenario?

edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Mongol Scenario?

Post by edward77 »

Paul, Just finished my what if? version of Yamazaki 1582. Abandoned the idea of using P&S ships for a new scenario because they cannot carry anything. Moved on to try a Mongol scenario but not sure how to procede. In SJ/Data/Battle there are unit textures for Mongol foot and cavalry. There is also a Squad file and an Army list in the Genko Campaign folder. I put the Squad file into my new scenario but no Mongol units appeared and many of the Japanese units were incorrecly named. Help please!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Mongol Scenario?

Post by rbodleyscott »

You probably need to ask Jayson (jomni)
Richard Bodley Scott

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

You want mongols in base Sengoku Jidai? Not Genko, Genpei, or Mandate of Heaven?
edward77

Post by edward77 »

The easiest way to create a Japanese - Mongol scenario.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

edward77 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:11 pm The easiest way to create a Japanese - Mongol scenario.
Which era. Do you own Genko or Mandate of Heaven?
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Just Genko
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Sorry, I don't monitor the Sengoku Jidai forum very closely these days and have only just seen your post.

As for the ships and their lack of carrying capacity, you could try the following:

In the Squads.csv file there are two columns, "Transport" (column U) and "CanBeCarried" (column V). If you want ships to be capable of transporting other units put 1 in the Transport column, instead of 0.

For any units that you want to be capable of being transported you just put a 1 in the CanBeCarried column instead of 0.

I have never tried this myself, but I think that is all you need to do.

As for designing scenarios with the Genko Squads.csv file, you would need to copy and paste the Text5.txt file from the 8GenkoCampaign folder to your scenario folder. You might have to amend the IDS_CAMPAIGN_TEXT to match your new scenario, or simply put your new IDS_CAMPAIGN_TEXT in a higher numbered Text.txt file. Again, I've never tried this myself, but I think that is all you need to do.

cheers
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Actually, thinking about giving the ships carrying capacity some more, it might not work brilliantly. If I remember rightly, limbers in SJ and PS just disappear and reappear when needed. So you will probably have the same thing happening to your modded ships, which might look a bit weird.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Thank you Paul and RB-S for all the help on Hakata Bay 1281. I will not try the ship transport for this scenario but give it a go for the next.
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Hakata Bay 1281 update. Putting the Genko Text 5 file into the scenario file makes revert to a Genko skirmish. Instead I copied the unit date from the Text 5 file into Text 1. This worked fine. All the Genko units plus additions are now correct. The ships are ok too after I edited the squad file so that they could not fire.

Return to “Scenario Design”