need help

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

smallQAQ
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

need help

Post by smallQAQ »

How do I get the in-game model? I want to change a soldier model in the game, how to do
I am Chinese and I speak English Please forgive me :lol:
smallQAQ

Re: need help

Post by smallQAQ »

大佬们 你们是怎么制作新的人物和船的模型的阿
Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Duplex »

smallQAQ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:35 am 大佬们 你们是怎么制作新的人物和船的模型的阿
什么意思? 你是在问用了什么软件制作的么?

我帮您把您说的话翻译成英文可以吗?这样子大家伙可以帮一下忙。
smallQAQ says (to the best of my translating abilities): (hey y'all, what do you guys use to create new boats' and peoples' [I'm assuming 3D] models?)
My response: What exactly do you mean, are you asking for the specific kind of software is used?
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
smallQAQ

Post by smallQAQ »

:shock: 我想知道怎么设计步兵模型 官方只给了个坦克的教学
smallQAQ

Post by smallQAQ »

或者贴图也行 这游戏苏军和日军穿的基本一样 就很尴尬了
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

can you only type in English on the forum please thanks, as i have to translate anything else which isn't, to make sure it's not spam or anything else, ty
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

smallQAQ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:51 am 或者贴图也行 这游戏苏军和日军穿的基本一样 就很尴尬了
这些事,您只能去这里:Design and Modding Guides,或者这,Adding 3d Units
那里有几个贴你可以读,但都是英文的。你要是要中文的,我怀疑我真的不能告诉您。
还有,改变步兵的模型很难。你要是搞不懂的话,你就别搞了,行不行?一般的人都搞不清楚,就别说一个不太会说英文的人了。

smallQAQ says: (I want to know how to change the infantry models, and also Soviet soldiers look very similar to Japanese ones, so I want to change unit pictures)

Me: Go to the Design and Modding Guides or the 3d Units one, that's the best I can do I'm afraid. If it's too hard to understand, I suggest you don't try to do any modding. It's tough and especially for someone who knows as little English as you do.

@zakblood, you don't have to translate these here necessarily, I have translations. If it really bothers you though, I can tell him to stop using Chinese. Thanks zak.
Last edited by Duplex on Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i'll add him to my trusted list then, thanks
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Zak, I asked Duplex to check him out (thanks again, Duplex) and if he continues to think our friend is alright, I advised him that a discussion in Chinese might be better because I have the impression that smallQAQ's English is rather limited. In my opinion we may trust in the judgment of Duplex, himself proven to be a most worthy forum member, but if this minor violation of forum rules is more than Slitherine can tolerate, please so advise.

But we definitely need Duplex if an exception is to be granted! Google Translate still has a long way to go; this it what it thinks smallQaQ just said :) :
Attachments
Image0193.jpg
Image0193.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
Image0193.jpg
Image0193.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

By the way, Duplex, that was good advice, your paragraph directing him to Design & Modding Guides with the caution of needing a good handle on English in order to understand. That's how we all learned this game and how to modify it to one degree or another; basically by picking up official crumbs that were left long ago, reading through the forums, asking questions and participating in discussions therein. In English, I am afraid, and only because in recent decades it has become a sort of lingua franca on the Internet. It's just the way it is and nobody is expecting you to be his tutor in these matters.
- Bru
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

bru888 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 am In my opinion we may trust in the judgment of Duplex, himself proven to be a most worthy forum member
Thanks! This means a lot!
bru888 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 am but if this minor violation of forum rules is more than Slitherine can tolerate, please so advise.
Of course, if I'm in violation of anything, please tell me and I will correct it right away.
bru888 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 am By the way, Duplex, that was good advice, your paragraph directing him to Design & Modding Guides with the caution of needing a good handle on English in order to understand. That's how we all learned this game and how to modify it to one degree or another; basically by picking up official crumbs that were left long ago, reading through the forums, asking questions and participating in discussions therein. In English, I am afraid, and only because in recent decades it has become a sort of lingua franca on the Internet. It's just the way it is and nobody is expecting you to be his tutor in these matters.
As someone who speaks English, I myself can hardly understand modding :lol: . For smallQaQ, it would be way tougher, thus why I'm encouraging him not to. Rest assured, I won't be doing any tutoring, haha. My grasp on the Chinese language isn't that good. Anyways, the game is already really enjoyable without modding.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
smallQAQ

Post by smallQAQ »

:? 既然这样只好放弃了
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

In what language do you play this game ?
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

smallQAQ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 am :? 既然这样只好放弃了
对啊,就算了吧。这个游戏还是很好玩的,谢了。

smallQaQ: (Well, ok then, I'll let it go.)

Me: Yeah, just let it go, the game is really fun anyways. Thanks.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”