Compatibility problems

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Compatibility problems

Post by Lysimachos »

Given the fact that I would prefer to buy FoG Empires via Slitherine I'm asking myself if there could be problems in exporting battles on FoGII which runs on the Steam platform.
Or maybe would be safer to buy FoG Empires on Steam too?
Any hints?
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Compatibility problems

Post by devoncop »

Lysimachos wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 am Given the fact that I would prefer to buy FoG Empires via Slitherine I'm asking myself if there could be problems in exporting battles on FoGII which runs on the Steam platform.
Any hints?

If you buy from Slitherine you get a steam key which you can then activate on Steam so your problem is solved :D
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

Lysimachos wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 am Given the fact that I would prefer to buy FoG Empires via Slitherine I'm asking myself if there could be problems in exporting battles on FoGII which runs on the Steam platform.
Any hints?
it'll be platform independent, in effect Empires will find a valid version of FoG2 to export to/from and this can be a steam version or Slitherine/desktop or a mix of the two.

but as devoncop says, usual matrix/slitherine policy is to give you a steam key if you purchase direct from them so I think its simply down to whatever you find easiest.
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Thank's for the kind replies.
It seems everything will go smooth, so! :D
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The game is definitely designed to work correctly with different SKUs talking to each other, so you can go with your preferred storefront.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”