Help with transports

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Help with transports

Post by captainjack »

I have two questions about transports. I know there answersbecause they are used in the game but can't make them work when creating scenarios. Any help would be appreciated

First question. I know that transports are allocated in the scenario editor but how do I allocate more than one type of transport?
I want to use Ju52 and gliders, but couldn't work out how to assign both types.

Second question. There are plenty of scenarios where transport units are present as units in their own right. For example, the two reward half tracks oin one of teh Italian scenarios in the Western campaign, trucks in Border Raids in Allied Corps, trains in Kampinoska, trains and naval transports in Dunkirk, air transports in Kiev (?) 43 East. I've never worked out how to do this.
phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Help with transports

Post by phcas »

Hello captainjack,

I will try to give you some awnser. If you use the unit screen to add a transport in the editor. Your choice is limmited.
editor.jpg
editor.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
You can change that a bit to add more transports in the transport screen, but the choice will still be not to much.
editor3.jpg
editor3.jpg (60.5 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
Most important is that the unit has the transport category named in the equipment file. If "glider" is not named, you can not give the unit a glider.
editor1.jpg
editor1.jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

So the best is to not use the unit screen to add the transports.
editor.jpg
editor.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
But just pickup the transport you wish out of your availeble transports and put it in top of the unit. It will work, as the unit has the category of that transport named in the equipment file.
editor2.jpg
editor2.jpg (52.98 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

Your second question was a long time a problem for me also. Someone gave me the anwser a time ago.

It seems impossible to place a "Transport" on his own with the editor. But if you change the category in the equipment file from transport to something else. For example from 14 (land transport) to 2 (Recon). You can place the transport unit as a recon unit in the editor. If your finished, you make the category in the equipment file 14 again. This will work.
Naamloos.jpg
Naamloos.jpg (42.48 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
Greetings
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

Thanks to all for the help.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”