The Vanishing Dev Diaries

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

The Vanishing Dev Diaries

Post by proline »

Dev diaries have been published on the following dates:

18 Jul 18
8 Aug 18
29 Aug 18
27 Sep 18
22 Oct 18
16 Nov 18
19 Dec 18
22 Jan 19
6 Mar 19

with the following intervals:

21d
21d
29d
25d
25d
33d
34d
43d
60d+

It seems they gradually spaced out and then ceased. Too bad really, because there is a lot of material for future diaries.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: The Vanishing Dev Diaries

Post by Molve »

Likely no conspiracy here. Just that they're in a crunch phase.

Tl;dr: Move along, nothing to see
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

There are more dev diaries than just the written posted dev diaries. I mean their twitch showcase was basically a dev diary.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/421250565

I mean come on, how about that simultaneous move feature they showcased at the 1 hour mark?

That feature alone is often the most requested feature for turn based games that are always maligned as being too 'slow' with their gameplay.
proline

Post by proline »

Kerensky wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:01 pm There are more dev diaries than just the written posted dev diaries. I mean their twitch showcase was basically a dev diary.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/421250565

I mean come on, how about that simultaneous move feature they showcased at the 1 hour mark?

That feature alone is often the most requested feature for turn based games that are always maligned as being too 'slow' with their gameplay.
That's an excellent find that easily could be labelled as Dev Diary #10. Only 355 total views so they're doing a good job keeping it secret. The question is, if they want it secret why even make the video? But if they want it public why not tell more than 300 people about it? Slitherine's communication strategies are always hard to understand.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

It took us a bit of time to prepare for a live gameplay stream.

It happened just a few hours ago, the number of views are pretty much the numbers of people who watched it live. Today we will load the video on YouTube and promote it, that's where we get most of our views from.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

But videos and twitch is not what proline is used to. Surely you must promote/develop your game solely to how he'd like it to be. No?

Sorry, couldn't hold myself.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

The video is now online.

We will also resume the dev diaries, soon.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not hip to twitch. I didn't watch the live stream, even for something as important for Panzer Corps 2. I waited for the vod (video on demand) to come out. I'm very much all about watching things on youtube, love them videos, but not really hot on live streaming. *shrug*

And even better for me the link is on youtube direct now so I don't have to look at twitch at all.

https://youtu.be/Cu1xK4Abq1c?t=2777
Direct link to that juicy simultaneous move reveal. Yum yum.

Opens up a lot of possibility for overly giant scenarios to play very quickly and smoothly. And it's a good thing, because they mentioned the player limit in Panzer Corps 2 is not 2 sides anymore, but like 8. Can you image 8 players/teams moving 1 unit at a time? Slowest. Gameplay. EVER. But now, all that movement can happen at RTS speeds, and hell it looks good moving at that speed too! (don't make PzC 3 RTS, I'll cut you if you try)
proline

Post by proline »

Kerensky wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 pm I'm not gonna lie, I'm not hip to twitch.
Nobody is hip to twitch, although it's aptly names, since the twitch video flickers on machine. It's still at 500ish views. Youtube is at 2,500 despite being up half as long.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”